IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 100 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 300,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We’re searching for an outgoing, personable self-starter who will play a key role in supporting the Content and Communications Teams. The communications coordinator will be responsible for creating copy for event marketing materials, media channels, and social media. The ideal candidate excels at crafting attention-grabbing messaging that is in-line with the IVY brand voice. We are looking for a community-minded person that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Work to further IVY’s brand voice across all channels — including email, social media, marketing campaigns, newsletters
- Generating compelling copy for IVY’s 500+ national events each year
- Initiate content ideas for IVY Magazine and write articles that are of interest to our audiences
- Serving as project manager for getting all necessary approvals on copy and ensuring that all communications have been extensively checked for factual and typographical errors
- Provide copy, when needed, for IVY’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Collaborate on special projects as needed
- Assist with execution of email marketing program
- Ensure site is accurate and up to date
- 1 year experience in copywriting and/or significant work at a top university, internship experience is ok
- Demonstrated creativity, please provide links to writing samples in your cover letter
- High attention to detail and an expert command of the English language
- Exceptional people skills and high level of empathy
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Creative and drive, but also able to adapt to in-house styles and guidelines with voice
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Working comprehension of HTML fundamentals is a plus
- Experience with Pardot, SendGrid and WordPress
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office in the Flatiron location
- Dog-friendly workplace
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Back to top