Business Development Sales Associate
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
IVY’s Business Development team is ultimately responsible for the building of long-term value through identification and realization of new growth opportunities across multiple markets. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, extremely organized, an excellent communicator, and driven by achievement. The Business Development Sales Associate/Manager will assist the Vice President of Business Development in identifying new opportunities; including strategic partnerships, sponsorships, revenue streams, and new member experiences; closing and executing on opportunities, and managing multiple internal and external relationships. This role is in an extremely fast-paced environment and will prove challenging and demanding, so the ideal candidate is also extremely energetic, eager, and resourceful.
- Responsible for external sales of IVY’s events programming, experiential services, and other assets to sponsors
- Utilize creative and traditional outreach to drive sponsorship revenue growth
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and potential sponsorship clients
- Continuously prospect and develop new sponsors; research and develop list of potential sponsors
- Manage contract process with sponsors
- Reaching monthly sales goals
- Keep on-top of consumer and social trends
- 1-6 years of experience, ideally in sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to sell
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Ability to creatively analyze and propose effective ideas/solutions
- Self-starter, resourceful, and eager to initiative and own new projects
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project management experience a plus
- Adobe InDesign or Photoshop skills a plus
- A bachelor’s degree is required
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top