SQL Database Administrator, Relativity / E-Discovery
As a Senior SQL DBA, you will be utilizing the latest in SQL Server technologies to own, maintain, and tune 1+ TB in large databases within the E-Discovery / Relativity framework by kCura. This will require a driven personality to keep abreast on the latest techniques to learn and push your databases to increased availability and integrity. In addition, you could look forward to taking your technical skill sets to new heights by installing, deploying, operating, maintaining, and administering the Relativity platform.
This is only the beginning of your story with iVision as you continue to be consistently challenged through deep hands-on experiences, reimbursable certifications, and a desire to grow a new offering within our legal enterprise customers. There are plenty of opportunities for you, but few where you're able to make a direct impact and be surrounded with technologists just like you - apply today.
What You Could Do:
- Proactively monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases, such as running maintenance jobs (backups, DBCCs, apply indexes / re-indexing) to meet or exceed baseline stability and performance SLAs on large databases (1 TB+) and large volumes of databases (100+)
- Create, implement, and maintain SQL DB Health Checks, and have a demonstrated ability to automate SQL health reporting / event notification, and corrective actions
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms, and have a demonstrated ability to monitor / trend SQL environments to determine and implement enhanced monitoring thresholds to prevent incidents and reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR)
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including scaling up or out, server configuration changes, index / query changes
- Identify code defects and enhancements and develop a detailed root cause analysis that can be leveraged by the product management and development teams to improve application availability and decrease the total cost of ownership
- Ensure databases are being backed up and can be recovered in a manner that meets all BCDR objectives for RPO and RTO
- Perform all database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production and non-production workloads
What You've Done:
- Experience working as a Microsoft SQL DBA leveraging versions 2008R2
- Experience operating in an ISO certified and /or highly regulated (SSAE, PCI, HIPPA, etc.) hosting
When you are seeking your next game-changing opportunity, what are you looking for ideally? Chances are you are looking to be on a team that was founded by engineers for engineers and believes in the same core values that have helped you get to this point in your remarkable career. Join our award-winning team as you collaborate internally to remotely provide resolutions for your clients utilizing Data Center, Virtualization, Networking, Storage, Cloud, Security, and Microsoft enterprise technologies.
There are endless opportunities for you, but few where you can work with those just like you - the brilliant, the eager, the innovative, the hungry, and the curious. We are ready when you are…
iVision is the next generation of technology integration and management partner. Throughout the last decade, we have transformed how technology does business, and have engineered success for our global clientele through objective recommendations, process, and technology expertise, as well as best-of-breed guidance.
Our engineers and consultants provide infrastructure and application solutions and are organized into six core technical disciplines, including: Cloud Services, Infrastructure Services, Data Center, Converged Infrastructure, Security and Application Development – all supported by our Service Delivery practice.
Founded in 2004, iVision is a privately held company, headquartered in Atlanta, and has been recognized and awarded by Inc. Magazine, AJC, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Best & Brightest, CRN, Georgia Fast 40 and others.
Just as we have transformed our industry standards, and what it means to be a technology solutions provider, we are looking for our future engineers to transform their respective functions and change engineering standards forever. Use everything you have accomplished through your career to build, evolve, and revolutionize how engineering is done. Apply today, and let's engineer the future, today...
iVision is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of iVision
Back to top