Position Description | Solutions Architect - Infrastructure and Cloud
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure Solutions Department: Sales
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for spending 50% of their time in pre-sales architecture and solution development working with our sales team. This will include face to face and remote meetings leading clients from initial high-level discussions around needs, requirements and budget to working individually and with the larger technical team to create detailed project plans, work estimates, statements of works and customer briefings and presentations.
In addition to the sales components, this role will spend approximately 50% of their time working directly on client billable activities such as projects, roadmaps, and health checks.
- Work within a cross-functional technical and sales team to provide technical expertise in the design and planning of solutions.
- Interface with Director and C-level executives to introduce relevant technology and present ROI and cost avoidance figures
- Comfortable driving the team towards meeting key utilization, sales and recurring revenue metrics.
- Create outbound customer and partner technical documentation and presentations that define the solution.
- Research, identify, test, and select technology products required for solution delivery.
- Evangelize delivered solutions at industry events, customer briefings, and other venues.
- Provide mentorship and training to other peers at the same level or below on processes and tools; and to handle more complex issues/requests.
- Lead interdisciplinary conversations with customers to establish pain points within their environment, identify possible technology fits and develop strategies to test solutions to determine technical fit
- Utilize a relationship-based selling strategy to become a trusted advisor to iVision customers.
- Provide input on the technical direction of iVision's product offerings to include new solution suggestion and maintaining market awareness of new technology and its potential impact to iVision customers
- 5-10 years' experience in Microsoft based enterprise solutions
- A focus of the team includes solutions based on Mergers and Acquisitions, Active Directory, Office 365, EMS, System Center Configuration Manager, Azure and AWS.
- A general background and understating of the basics networking, storage compute and cloud services is required
- An understanding of managed services sales and delivery is a strong desire
- Open to learning and continually growing technical and professionally while working with peers across multiple technologies and practices areas.
- Results driven and able to meet deadlines with minimal management oversight
- Ability to align IT service offerings with business strategy and customer pain points
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills including Statement of Work Creation, Visio Diagrams, and PowerPoint presentations for client opportunities.
- Must display personal accountability for results and integrity
See Inside the Office of iVision
Back to top