Service Desk Analyst II
- Atlanta, GA
Job Description - Service Desk Analyst II
Service Desk Analyst II (Atlanta, GA - Managed Services)
The Level II Service Desk Analyst's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end-user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to change management best practices.
- Assisting in providing Level I support when request volumes are high.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable internal and external teams, when required.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations and servers, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Develop knowledge articles and FAQ lists for end users.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with Level I Analysts as required.
- Contribute to Service Desk knowledgebase as needed
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2+ years equivalent work experience.
- The following certifications are highly desired
- ITIL Foundation
- Comptia A+
- Comptia Network +
- Google IT Support Professional
- HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA)
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and others as required
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7+, Windows Server 2012+, and macOS 10+
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including ManageEngine Desktop Central
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 40-hour onsite work week.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Back to top