Senior AWS Consultant
- Flexible / Remote
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Architect
You will be joining iVision's Consulting Services team as an AWS Architect. In this role, you will work with our Sales, Pre-Sales, and Delivery teams to facilitate, enable, and accelerate our customers' cloud migration journey and modernize their business on AWS.
Working with iVision's strategic customers across multiple verticals, you will help them understand their own cloud readiness and develop migration strategies that solves business challenges leveraging cross-functional internal and client teams. You will focus on understanding customer business needs/drivers as well as the existing data center architecture to deliver a cloud readiness assessment to customers and then use these inputs to design and build reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundations. You must be effective at working with customer and partner leadership to qualify, develop, and close deals around migrating and modernizing applications, including large-scale data center migrations.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with many functions of the organization including iVision's leadership team, sales team and solution architects, managed services team, consulting services team, product management teams, and marketing. You will also work closely with Consulting and Managed Services Architects and engineers to drive best practices related to the ongoing support of our clients' AWS environments.
What You Could Achieve
- Create, articulate, and position an innovative and compelling value proposition so that customer executives clearly understand the benefits and transformation value of migrating to AWS
- Define and execute technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams within iVision (Solutions Architects, Managed Services Architects, and Professional Services consultants)
- Work with large scale network, compute, and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects
- Engage with internal and customer development, infrastructure, security, and IT operations teams to define repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration
- Collaborate with Consulting and Managed Services Architects to drive the development of new go-to-market approaches and opportunities for iVision and our clients
- Engage with C-level customer executives to inspire, define, and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies demonstrating thought-leadership and a 'can do' approach to enterprise migrations, working to solve business challenges
What You've Accomplished
- Experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of medium to large scale Enterprise Migration solutions
- Experience architecting, designing, and migrating workloads to AWS
- Experience in project-based consulting related to application or system architecture
- Experience in technology sales, pre-sales, or consulting
- Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration automation, and operations technologies and tools
- Familiarity with common services such as Identity and Access Management, Directory Services, Virtual Desktops, Networking, etc.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code (IAC) platforms like Terraform, Ansible, and CloudFormation
- Hands-on deployment experience with AWS core services such as EC2, IAM, EBS / S3, RDS, CloudWatch, and net new AWS environment deployments
- Experience architecting/designing Serverless platforms leveraging AWS specific services such as Lambda, Fargate, Aurora
- Experience auditing an existing AWS deployment and identifying specific areas that are outside of the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Presentation skills with a high level of comfort speaking with executives, IT leadership, and engineers
- Experience leveraging a variety of cloud assessment and migration tools
- Critical thinker with the ability to design and implement solutions that solve complex business challenges
- Exceptional documentation and technical writing skills
- Passionate about providing a high quality of service and believes in relentless customer satisfaction
- Comfortable mentoring and working with mid and junior level engineers to grow overall team and individual skillsets
Our engineers and consultants provide infrastructure and application solutions that are organized into six core technical disciplines, including: Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Windows Infrastructure, Data Center, Converged Network, Security and Application Development - all supported by our Project Management, IT Management, and Program Management practice.
iVision is the next generation of technology integration and management partner. Throughout the last decade, we have transformed how technology does business, and have engineered success for our globally reaching clientele through objective recommendations, process, and technology expertise, as well as best-of-breed technical and strategic guidance.
Founded in 2004, iVision is a privately held company, headquartered in Atlanta, and has been recognized and awarded by Inc. Magazine, AJC, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Best & Brightest, CRN, Georgia Fast 40 and others. Due to our scalability, long-term strategic outlook, focus on people, and culturally-aligned values we've earned the opportunity to build and manage the technical landscape of the Southeast.
Just as we have transformed our industry standards, and what it means to be a technology solutions provider, we are looking for our future technologists to transform their respective functions and change engineering and strategic standards. Use everything you have accomplished through your career to build, progress, and revolutionize how technology is leveraged. Apply and let's engineer the future, today...
Interested in exploring other opportunities?
iVision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values, celebrates, and is committed to diversity and inclusion at our company. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top