Network & Systems Engineer
Network & Systems Engineer
As a Network & Systems Engineer, you will be utilizing the latest in hardware and software to resolve our clients most problematic engineering challenges within a collaborative team-based environment. This will require a driven personality to keep abreast on the latest technologies as you continuously learn and push your clients' system, infrastructure, and network environments to increased availability, reliability, and connectivity.
This is only the beginning of your story with iVision as you continue to be consistently challenged through deep hands-on experiences, reimbursable certifications, and a desire to be mentored as you grow with your team.
Your role will evolve as you help new and exciting enterprise clients with daily operational incidents and prove yourself as a technical subject matter expert across a range of enterprise technologies: Data Center, Virtualization, Networking, Storage, Cloud, Security, and Microsoft.
What You Could Do:
- Respond to server, network and storage alerts as triage level of support and liaison between Senior Engineers to investigate appropriate resolution for global external clientele
- Investigating error messages and determining resolution
- Oversee and perform hardware / software upgrades
- Manage software, hardware and connectivity vendors to obtain support and resolution information
- Respond, track, and document all activity for incidents and resolutions while prioritizing incoming work requests and managing a high volume of incoming tickets to meet SLAs.
- Log and triage new incidents, problems, change requests and service requests to ensure accurate information is captured and documented within the ticket - utilizing the processes from the Momentum Engineering Global Service Center Guide
- Coordinate activities including Change Management with client resources through resolution
- Coordinate with the other IT team members the development of Engineering knowledge base
- Assist in maintaining an asset management system to ensure that IT resources are secure and accounted for via ITIL methodology and the use of a CMDB
- Make recommendations to management on improvement of procedures
- Assist and mentor team members with triage and resolutions
- Become a Subject Matter Expert with Knowledge for the ESS Knowledge database and coordinates with other IT Team members for development of Knowledge Articles
What You've Done:
- Thorough understanding of investigating error messages and determine resolution
- Outstanding technology, operational, and client support skills
- Degree or recognized trade certification or equivalent experience
- Service Desk experience with computer, networking, telecommunications, or customer service experience or any combination of education experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Support handling including at least one or more of the following:
- WLAN; LAN; WAN
- Cisco Routers and switches
- Storage experience - preferably NetApp
- Network troubleshooting skills
- DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP / IP networking
- Active Directory and supported tools, including basic OU rights and administration.
- Server operating systems including Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012
- Third Party Software including Exchange, VMware, Kaseya, & Microsoft Office
What Will Separate You from the Rest:
- ITIL® Foundations Certification
- Have utilized your independent judgment to make analytical recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with all levels of an organization
- The ability to work shift schedules
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast pace and team based environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to obtain reimbursable technical certifications to become a Subject Matter Expert
Our engineers and consultants provide infrastructure and application solutions that are organized into six core technical disciplines, including: Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Windows Infrastructure, Data Center, Converged Network, Security and Application Development - all supported by our Project Management, IT Management, and Program Management practice.
iVision is the next generation of technology integration and management partner. Throughout the last decade, we have transformed how technology does business, and have engineered success for our globally reaching clientele through objective recommendations, process, and technology expertise, as well as best-of-breed technical and strategic guidance.
Founded in 2004, iVision is a privately held company, headquartered in Atlanta, and has been recognized and awarded by Inc. Magazine, AJC, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Best & Brightest, CRN, Georgia Fast 40 and others. Due to our scalability, long-term strategic outlook, focus on people, and culturally-aligned values we've earned the opportunity to build and manage the technical landscape of the Southeast.
Just as we have transformed our industry standards, and what it means to be a technology solutions provider, we are looking for our future technologists to transform their respective functions and change engineering and strategic standards. Use everything you have accomplished through your career to build, progress, and revolutionize how technology is leveraged. Apply and let's engineer the future, today...
Interested in exploring other opportunities?
iVision is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top