Engineer, Cloud Services
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be utilizing the latest in hardware and software to develop and deliver best-of-breed services for data protection and disaster recovery solutions. This will require a driven personality to keep abreast on the latest data center technologies and trends across the entire converged infrastructure "stack" supporting virtualization, servers, storage, and networking.
This is only the beginning of your story with iVision as you continue to be consistently challenged, mentored by our Senior Engineers, and participate in product development efforts for the iVision Enterprise Cloud platform by correlating market trends, client needs, and future technology platforms.
Your role will evolve as you help new and exciting enterprise clients with daily operational deployment and management of all infrastructure components supporting a 24x7x365 customer facing production IaaS Cloud platform.
What You Could Do Technically:
- Manage and support virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere, VMware vCloud Director and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Deploy, manage and support Microsoft Server Technologies such as Windows, AD, SQL
- Deploy, manage and support enterprise-class server, storage, and networking technologies within a Converged Infrastructure data center methodology
- Data center physical & facility based design and management tasks
- Work with L2 / L3 requirements for compute, storage and LAN / WAN topologies for single and multi-tenant environments
What You Could Do Operationally:
- Work directly with the iVision Cloud Senior Engineering team to deploy, manage and support the day-to-day operational functions of the iVision Enterprise Cloud Nodes (sites)
- This includes and not limited to:
- Physical/virtual server, guest OSes & hypervisors
- Multi-protocol SAN/DAS/NAS platforms
- L2-L7 switching, routing & security platforms
- Backup & DR software platforms
- Cloud multi-tenancy software platforms
- Data Center & Facility environments
- Be the escalation contact for all iVision Cloud support tickets forwarded from the iVision Global Service Center
- Work closely with the iVision Cloud Engineering team to develop and maintain ongoing process documentation and standards within the service platform
- Work closely with the Service Delivery and Engineering team to provide support and guidance on onboarding clients to the iVision Enterprise Cloud service platform
What You've Done:
- Experienced in data management, backup and replication methodologies
- Possess an understanding of web-scale architecture, security and multi-tenancy designs for Service Providers
- Possess an understanding of orchestration and automation methodologies pertaining to the specific needs of service provider environments
What Will Separate You from the Rest:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals and amongst a team
- Critical thinker with the ability to work through complex multi-faceted engineering and operational goals
- Passionate about providing a high quality of service and believes in relentless customer satisfaction
- Ability to maintain ownership & independence in a fast-paced high-volume environment
- Ability to maintain a sense of professionalism & urgency in all customer communications
When you are seeking your next game-changing opportunity, what are you looking for ideally? Chances are you are looking to be on a team that was founded by engineers for engineers and believes in the same core values that have helped you get to this point in your remarkable career. Join our award-winning team as we remotely and physically deliver cloud solutions to enterprises across the North America.
There are endless opportunities for you, but few where you can work with those just like you - the brilliant, the eager, the innovative, the hungry, and the curious. We are ready when you are…
iVision is the next generation of technology integration and management partner. Throughout the last decade, we have transformed how technology does business, and have engineered success for our global clientele through objective recommendations, process, and technology expertise, as well as best-of-breed guidance.
Our engineers and consultants provide infrastructure and application solutions and are organized into six core technical disciplines, including: Cloud Services, Infrastructure Services, Data Center, Converged Infrastructure, Security and Application Development – all supported by our Service Delivery practice.
Founded in 2004, iVision is a privately held company, headquartered in Atlanta, and has been recognized and awarded by Inc. Magazine, AJC, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Best & Brightest, CRN, Georgia Fast 40 and others.
Just as we have transformed our industry standards, and what it means to be a technology solutions provider, we are looking for our future engineers to transform their respective functions and change engineering standards forever. Use everything you have accomplished through your career to build, evolve, and revolutionize how engineering is done. Apply today, and let's engineer the future, today...
iVision is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of iVision
Back to top