Web Project Manager
- Rockville, MD
As a Web Project Manager on the Digital Products and Strategy Team, you will lead a team of interdisciplinary staff in the development of websites, web-based applications and systems, mobile apps, and other technology-focused projects. In this role, you will manage all aspects of the website product life cycle to ensure that work is performed within the scope of the contract and in compliance with contract documents. This role is for someone who has an aptitude for developing and maintaining project plans, monitoring the quality and timeliness of all deliverables, assigning staff resources, and ensuring adherence to project budgets. If complex or unusual technical problems arise, you will actively use your knowledge of business best practices to guide the team.
As a Web Project Manager, you may supervise a team supporting multiple projects and other project managers, including being responsible for team billability. You will help coach and guide your team members as they grow within their roles and ensure they receive clear direction regarding tasks and priorities.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Developing a strategic, long-term vision and work plans, including scheduled milestones, to fulfill contractual requirements on the assigned project.
- Acting as business analyst as needed; defining and documenting customer requirements, analyzing and suggesting improvements, managing and tracking changes to requirements, and creating use cases and workflows as needed.
- Communicating and meeting frequently with staff to assign work, monitor performance, conduct quality assurance reviews, offer technical expertise, and ensure technical accuracy of all deliverables to optimize schedules, budgets, and quality of work.
- Overseeing all financial responsibility for the project including maintaining the project budget, schedules, and staff levels to ensure adherence to contract requirements and identifying any issues that may affect project performance.
- Building strong client relationships through prompt responses to client requests and proactively presenting status reports for client and management review, including informing senior management if potential sources of difficulty may arise.
- Presenting solutions and ideas to internal and external stakeholders in a way that establishes rapport, is persuasive, and gains understanding.
- Collaborating with other project managers to ensure adequate staffing across all teams.
- Preparing and conducting performance evaluations, including providing guidance to staff on the quality and quantity of their work.
- Coaching team members on how to improve their performance and grow professionally. Handling performance issues and corrective actions including ensuring that company policies, procedures, and practices are followed.
- Participating in the hiring process, including reviewing resumes, interviewing, and onboarding new team members, as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. in information systems or related field of study, and a minimum of 8 years of experience, including at least 5 years of project management experience. Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience with Agile project management with Agile certification preferred.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or related certification preferred.
- Experience leading projects through the complete website redesign project life cycle utilizing traditional project management as well as iterative development/Agile methodologies. Ability to tailor project management best practices to project teams to deliver business value.
- Experience with Drupal Content Management Systems (CMS) as well as similar CMS solutions is required.
- Working knowledge of web analytics software (e.g., Webtrends, Google Analytics), search engine optimization techniques, mobile applications, social marketing and media, user experience design, information architecture, usability, visual/graphic design, responsive design, programming and development, and related technologies.
- Previous experience in government contracting environment, including technical program planning and implementation, contract interpretation and administration, and timeline and budget development/management.
- Previous agency (creative/digital) experience as portfolio, program, or project manager, and/or Scrum Master managing highly complex projects through a product development framework to successfully deliver market-ready products.
- Experience maintaining multiple (3–5) projects at a time and maintaining the project budgets, schedules, work breakdown structure, and staff levels to ensure adherence to client demands and contract requirements. This may mean serving both in an oversight and hands-on role as needed.
- Operational experience supporting a team of 3 or more within an organization (nonproject leadership).
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated follow-through. Flexibility and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions, including occasional long hours, is essential.
- Someone who takes initiative and identifies and resolves problems in a team environment using advanced critical thinking skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to proofread and perform quality control of others’ work; background in technical communications may be helpful.
- A thirst for advancing one’s own professional skills and then applying their expertise to solve technical problems.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law.
Back to top