Web Content Strategist
As a Content Strategist, you will create, organize, adapt, and curate content for use on digital platforms that is informed by audiences and user experience research to meet client goals and objectives. The Content Strategist will support a wide range of content development projects, from creating information architecture deliverables such as site maps, content inventories, governance documents, updating content on existing sites, to writing plain language heath content for federal level health websites. The role will require hands-on nitty gritty planning of Drupal website development and website migrations. You will work with a team and exercise ingenuity and originality in daily problem-solving. This individual will lead a multidisciplinary team and possesses good judgment and initiative in performing assigned tasks and completes projects on schedule. Excellent interpersonal relations with all levels is a must for this role.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Ideating, building and helping achieve content strategies that communicate and achieve client objectives.
- Conducting website audits, competitor scans, and audience research to inform content strategy.
- Performing Information Architecture activities such as content audits, resulting in content inventories, sitemaps, sketches to communicate website organization.
- Performing ROT analyses to determine which content to migrate, revise, or archive (in line with OMB data management rules and the needs of the client).
- Conducting card sorts, tree tests, and other user testing to determine that content is tailored to the needs of audiences and in plain language.
- Developing user journeys, personas, and lo-fidelity wireframes to clarify content goals.
- Creating and documenting taxonomies to categorize content.
- Conducting SEO audits, reviews, and content updates as well as providing direction to development teams on SEO website improvements.
- Working with development teams to support he content strategy of a content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Reviewing a proposed set of Content Type Definitions (CTD) and identifying gaps where the content does not match the current definition proposed. Recommending changes and supporting changes with user research.
- Informing those CTD with Schema.org, traditional meta-data and social sharing metadata – Open Graph, Twitter Card, etc.
- Writing metadata that follows best practices in search engine optimization.
- Create clear deliverables and client presentations, summarizing activities, findings and recommendations in plain language.
- Stay current on the latest trends in the field of content strategy.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. degree, excellent writing and oral communication skills, and familiarity with best practices in Web writing, M.A. or M.S. degree preferred.
- 5 years professional experience as a Content Strategist.
- A portfolio of published articles or web content.
- Experience in applying best practices in plain language writing with an emphasis on health literacy.
- Experience developing and implementing content strategies for large sites or large sections of sites.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required, including all formatting functions essential to proper document form.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Proven skills in organization, work planning, attention to detail, follow-through, and follow-up
- Detailed understanding of the Web is required, as well as the ability to generate fresh ideas for Web content enhancements in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate is technology-savvy, with a keen interest in creating clear content that enhances the user experience.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top