Senior Project Manager, Brand Communication
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Senior Project Manager, Brand Communication with experience in creating and executing impactful communications, brand and message strategies for both established and new health education initiatives and campaigns. The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to grow the brand of a federal client focused on tobacco education, prevention, and regulation. The ideal candidate has a passion for public health, a history of innovative thinking, and the capacity to come up with multiple ways of solving a problem. This role starts our communications strategy development off on the right foot so we’re reaching the right audience with the right message.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Leading ideation sessions with senior leaders and stakeholders and developing strategies for public health brands to build awareness of important health issues.
- Writing creative briefs and presentations for both established and new campaigns that include overall strategy, positioning, messaging, and creative inspiration.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to conduct market research and develop campaign content.
- Using qualitative/quantitative research and cultural trends to tell a story.
- Directing campaign/program initiatives from conception to evaluation.
- Maintaining frequent interaction with client, communicating regularly on campaign milestones.
- Delivering regular detailed reports of campaign results and metrics, including ROI reports and evaluation of key performance indicators, to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Briefing the creative team about marketing projects they’ll be developing for clients.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams (research, creative, paid media, social, web, cultural experts) to ensure strategy shines through in creative development.
- Leading and contributing to business development efforts such as proposal development and marketing/pitch meetings.
- Maintaining accurate up-to-date project budgets, vendor SOWs, and contract reporting.
- Staying current on marketing campaign trends to deliver best-in-class products to our clients.
- Overseeing the project work of internal employees and some client staff working on the campaigns, including engaging and mentoring the campaign team and providing guidance and support on their performance and career development.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- Bachelor and Master or MBA degrees in disciplines related to marketing, plus a minimum 8 years of applicable experience, preferably in the public health sector and with an agency background.
- Applicable experience which must include demonstrated success in managing marketing, health education or awareness campaigns in the public health and/or in a government contracting environment.
- Knowledge of the tobacco landscape, including tobacco regulations, major public health concerns, novel tobacco products, tobacco manufacturers, and tobacco campaigns is required.
- Creative thinker with expertise in communicating complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience building client relationships and pitching new ideas.
- Experience leading business development and proposal development efforts.
- Experience on a range of client accounts, including government, nonprofits, corporations, etc.
- Experience with 360 accounts including digital & experiential.
- Experience in leading and supervising a communications/marketing team.
- A good listener, collaborator, and influencer.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to travel to the client site and to client events.
- The ability to work independently of any direct day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, strong organization, initiative and follow-through.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions.
- A problem-solving mindset where you can identify and resolve problems in a team environment.
- A collaborative nature – this role requires you to work well with others and handle everchanging day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top