Program Support Specialist
The Program Support Specialist will provide daily administrative and programmatic support to the National Science Foundation to facilitate the peer review process. The employee will work closely with their assigned NSF Program Director/s to identify technical and commercial experts to participate on scientific review panels and provide feedback on grant proposals. The Program Support Specialist will enter key data into NSF systems, create and manage all supporting documents for their assigned review panels, and assist the Program Director/s by reviewing proposal budgets and drafting the ‘review analyses’ required to support the eventual NSF award or decline decision for each proposal. In addition to facilitating the peer review process, the Program Support Specialist will provide other administrative and technical services to the client upon request, including maintaining tracking spreadsheets and calendars, conducting data analysis, preparing reports and presentations, planning and supporting small and medium sized meetings, and corresponding with grantees and reviewers via email and telephone regarding all aspects of the review process and grants management.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Assisting NSF Program Directors with identifying and recruiting qualified peer reviewers using NSF databases and internet searches
- Performing data entry into NSF systems to support review process, and management of affiliated paperwork
- Communicating daily via phone and email with potential reviewers
- Drafting and reviewing all documents associated with assigned panels, including review analyses and screening reviewer comments
- Preparing materials and correspondence upon request, and reviewing/suggesting edits for key NSF documents and websites
- Reviewing award budgets for compliance with program requirements
- Planning and supporting small and medium sized meetings to occur at NSF
- Performing data queries on NSF systems and updating/maintaining key tracking spreadsheets and calendars
- Preparing reports and presentations upon request
- Conducting compliance screening on incoming proposals
- Assisting with individual administrative and data analysis projects as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Education. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years professional and/or administrative experience in office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Access and Outlook email and calendar functions.
- Database and querying experience strongly preferred.
- Detail-oriented, problem-solver, professional, and courteous demeanor.
- Must be able to work as part of a team or independently as needed with little direction or supervision.
- Willingness to work as part of a close-knit and diverse team is essential.
- Outgoing and positive attitude about helping others is a must.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Meet Some of IQ Solutions's Employees
Content Area Specialist
As a Content Area Specialist, Theodore’s role is to take behavioral health content and package it in ways that are useful to the general public and clinicians.
Back to top