Part Time On-Call Lead UX/UI Designer
- Flexible / Remote
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Presenting and defending designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conducting user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Understanding product specifications and user psychology
- Conducting concept and usability testing and gathering feedback
- Creating personas through user research and data
- Defining the right interaction model and evaluating its success
- Developing wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Finding creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keeping abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Performing other duties as assigned
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- A B.F.A. or related degree in interface design, interaction design, information design, graphic design, multimedia design, art, or a related field of study is required, plus a minimum of 8 years of related experience, or equivalent education or experience.
- Visual Design: A strong portfolio highlighting keen visual design principles, typography, UI designs patterns, and Section 508 compliance. Mastery in applying that expertise on the web, mobile, email newsletters, and social media. Experience designing for responsive websites is required.
- Content Management Systems: Experience designing for large-scale Drupal CMS deployments featuring 1000+ web pages, dynamic content, and taxnomy-driven information architectures. Understanding of the functionality of CMSes and frameworks (Angular, .Net Node, etc).
- Client Management: Ability to clearly articulate digital strategy, branding, marketing, and creative strategies to large groups of executive-level clients in a presentation environment.
- Analytics: Experience with common analytics software (Google Analytics, WebTrends) and their application in designing a user’s experience.
- Mentoring: Ability and enthusiasm to contribute to the growth of the practice by mentoring junior staff, introducing new processes and ideas, and championing the practice of UX and visual design throughout the organization.
- Collaboration: Work with cross discipline team members to design and develop digital strategies and solutions.
- Project Research: Experience conducting project research including heuristic analysis, gap analyses, analytics audits, stakeholder interviews, and business and functional requirements workshops. Can perform or analyze usability testing and provide recommendations based on that analysis.
- UX Deliverables: Experience contributing to the creation of wide range of UX deliverables such as persona, site architectures, wireframes, prototypes, interaction flows, or other documentation for developers to follow.
- Prototyping: Experience developing low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes using tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, and Invision.
- User Experience Software: Skill with specialized software used for usability testing (Camtasia, etc.).
- Analytics: Experience with GA conversion funnels and Universal Analytics a plus.
- Structured Data: Knowledge of and experience with Open Graph and Schema.org metadata; CMS taxonomy and content type development; and structuring data to aid usability, syndication, and search optimization.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top