Part Time Distribution Clerk
- Annapolis Junction, MD
The Distribution Clerk will report to our Annapolis Junction, MD location. Under direct supervision, you will perform manual duties related to filling orders and preparing parcels for mailing. The methods and sequence of work are generally determined by set practices, standards, and formats. Duties are typically routine and repetitive, although good judgment is needed in solving occasional non-routine tasks. Work is normally self-checked. There is considerable interaction with distribution staff, and a pleasant and courteous manner is needed. Attention to detail and efficiency in operations are critical since delays may inhibit service. The position requires heavy lifting and use of a hand truck. This position is part-time, requiring approximately 20 hours per week, but at times additional work hours may be needed.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Using packing slips or other written instructions, filling orders from warehouse stock.
- Verifying orders.
- Packing and wrapping items for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method to be used.
- Ensuring that items are adequately protected to prevent damage during shipment.
- Sealing and weighing packages.
- Labeling items with appropriate identification.
- Packaging materials for mass mailings as required.
- Posting shipments for the appropriate carrier.
- Operating scales and postal machines.
- Performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Maintaining records on postage, registration, and packages.
- Carrying, transporting, and lifting up to 70 pounds while bending and twisting the torso.
- Operating a hand truck to load and unload items and transport materials from location to location.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- A high school diploma is preferred, including high school level reading, writing, and analytical skills, or the equivalent education.
- Approximately 20 hours a week, but the ability to work additional hours at needed.
- Some mailroom, order fulfillment, or packing experience is helpful.
- Familiarity with personal computers is desired, including keyboard skills sufficient to utilize equipment in the distribution facility.
- The position requires good communication and people skills.
- Attention to detail and good organization ability are needed, including the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- You must be able to carry, transport, and lift up to 70 pounds while bending and twisting the torso.
- The ability to operate a hand truck to load and unload items and to transport materials form location to location is needed.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top