Mid-Level Front-end Drupal Developer
- Rockville, MD
Working as part of a project team, the Mid-Level Front-end Drupal Developer will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring great user experience.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Maintaining and improving websites.
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed.
- Designing mobile-based features.
- Collaborating with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Accepting feedback from, and building solutions for, users and customers.
- Writing functional requirement documents and guides.
- Creating quality mockups and prototypes.
- Helping back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Staying up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Ensuring compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science or related field of study, or at least 4 years of applicable experience.
- Familiarity with at least one JS Framework like AngularJS, React or others is ideal.
- 1+ SASS or other CSS processors (JS Preprocessors - Gulp, Grunt, Webpack) ES6, Typescript.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Git version control system.
- Understanding of hybrid app development using technologies like Cordova, jQuery mobile, and Ionic.
- Experience building responsive websites and implementing mobile friendly interfaces.
- Experience with JSON and XML data formats. Understand REST API principles for saving server side data and consuming it for complex UI's and visualization.
- Experience working with back-end developers to implement solutions.
- Experience working in .NET environment and at least one IDE (Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc).
- Good understanding of how data is stored and accessed from SQL based databases. Any SQL experience is a plus.
- Experience with any OO based language such as PHP, Python or Java is a plus.
- 2+ years of professional Drupal development or theming experience is a plus. Experience with Drupal 8 is ideal.
- Understanding of modern UX techniques is a plus.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top