Lead Systems Engineer
- Rockville, MD
As a Lead Systems Engineer, will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitoring and testing application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and working with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participating in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Serving as liaison with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- BS degree in a computer discipline, plus a minimum of 8+ years of experience in database development or equivalent certifications and appropriate years of experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX).
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef).
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top