Lead Creative Designer
The Lead Creative Designer works closely with the Creative/Art Director to lead creative projects as the primary designer, develop creative strategy, and execute projects across multifunctional teams. She or he demonstrates sound leadership, and collaborates with copywriters, digital strategists, and subject matter experts, utilizing advanced knowledge of creative development and marketing strategy for digital, print, social, environmental, and broadcast media channels. The Lead Creative Designer delivers breakthrough ideas and new creative strategies for our clients through deep insights that maximize the impact of creative on marketing and communications performance. She or he must be able to communicate clearly with general marketing and business professionals. The Lead Creative Designer supports the Creative Team in plan development, execution, and troubleshooting of day-to-day activities. She or he must be very proficient in design software including Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Individuals are expected to demonstrate cost consciousness to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective preparation of documents and to meet budget requirements.
The position will be located at the client site (Silver Spring, MD) and will travel to the IQ Solutions headquarters (Rockville, MD) 1 - 2 times per week for meetings.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Performing technical design work, and being responsible for entire products or campaigns including print, digital, video, and motion graphics.
- Working directly with clients to gather project requirements, developing creative product briefs, and offering strategic ideas based on marketing or communications objectives.
- Leading others in designing and developing concepts and designs for inspiring marketing materials. Critiquing work and providing actionable feedback for improvement.
- Making design presentations and providing regular updates on the development of visual creative work to team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Developing website wireframes and visual designs.
- Formulating concepts and rendering illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, written or verbal instructions, and imagination.
- Selecting type, creating page layouts, and performing related duties.
- Determining the style, technique, and medium best suited to produce products that resonate with the intended audience.
- Working with outside printing vendors to ensure quality, verify print specifications, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Understanding accessibility and designing concepts that meet Section 508 compliance.
- Working well with others and handling day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- BA degree in graphic design, art, or a related field of study, or the equivalent education and a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental design principles and demonstrated success applying these principles in real-world products.
- A personal portfolio of results-driven work that demonstrates knowledge of best practices and industry trends in creative and data driven marketing, and how your work drives insights and creative communications strategies.
- Expertise in digital execution, excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communications skills and experience in translating marketing and business needs into impactful creative executions.
- Advanced competency in essential software and related hardware adopted as standard by IQ Solutions or the client. Specifically, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud – particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and Acrobat DC. Additionally, experience with digital photography and videography, as well as post-production, is needed.
- Experience working with outside vendors for printing and must have a comprehensive understanding of print production and methods.
What Qualifications Will Put You At The Top?
- Skill operating still photo and video cameras. Ability to perform post-production for videos and still photos.
- Experience working with vendors on video productions.
- Knowledge of web accessibility issues, especially 508 compliance, and WCAG 2.0.
- Experience delivering design presentations to senior management.
- Experience designing data visualizations and infographics.
- Front-end web design experience including User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) principles and practice.
- Ability to code interactive elements using HTML 5, AJAX, JQuery, and other standard techniques.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Meet Some of IQ Solutions's Employees
Content Area Specialist
As a Content Area Specialist, Theodore’s role is to take behavioral health content and package it in ways that are useful to the general public and clinicians.
Back to top