Junior Full Stack Drupal Developer
Working as part of a project team, the Junior Full Stack Drupal Developer performs a variety of complex tasks related to architecting, designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging, and implementing software code for websites, Web-based systems, mobile apps, and other applications. This individual applies knowledge from formal education and training and hands-on experience in software development to create technical solutions that meet the business objectives and technical requirements of IQ Solutions clients. The Junior Full Stack Drupal Developer architects applications; produces high-quality, standards-based code; and adds to the group’s capabilities by assessing and mastering new technologies, techniques, or skills.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Participating as a member of a small team designing applications to facilitate public health initiatives.
- Applying critical thinking skills in application design, requirements interpretation, and ideation in a collaborative environment.
- Building systems that can coexist with legacy code.
- Developing custom Drupal modules and maintaining client's existing Drupal codebase.
- Ensuring that own and peer’s applications meet deliverable and functional requirements. This includes cross-browser and usability testing.
- Integrating applications with new or existing systems via APIs. These could include simple JSON data feeds or systems like Firebase.
- Conducting code reviews and mentor peer developers enforcing the coding standards defined by the group. Comment and write clean code.
- Adding control structures and modifying the render array on pre-existing codebases.
- Writing and maintaining existing gulp or other build tool scripts for testing code.
- Managing your work and merging your code for various websites in Github.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science or related field of study, or at least 2 years of applicable experience.
- 1+ years experience of professional Drupal 7 and 8 development; custom module development experience ideal, but not strictly required
- 1+ years of working experience with PHP.
- Good knowledge of latest web markup, grid systems including HTML5, CSS3 for building responsive web sites and handling cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experienced in using asynchronous libraries to link with JSON and XML back-ends and databases, communicate with REST API’s and Authentication methods.
- Experience deploying code and content changes through dev - stage - prod on Acquia or cloud hosted Drupal sites.
- 1+ years experience with a modern MVC based JS Framework like AngularJS, Angular 2, ReactJS or others is ideal.
- Demonstrate a very good understanding of both the front-end development for modern UX techniques and also have strong understanding of how to design applications on the backend with OO techniques for ORM data access, authentication, security and API design.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Git version control system. Experience with and understanding of how the Git flow methodology works.
- Familiarity with SASS or other CSS processors (JS Preprocessors - Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.) is a plus.
What Qualifications Will Put You At The Top?
- Ability to interact with third-party APIs and build RESTful web services using Node.js is a plus.
- Ability to configure virtual development environments using Vagrant is a plus.
- Familiarity with LAMP server software (Linux, Apache, PHP) is a plus.
- Familiarity with in configuration and implementation of Apache SOLR is a plus.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law.
Back to top