Junior Front-end Drupal Developer
- Rockville, MD
Working as part of a collaborative project team, the Junior Front-end Drupal Developer performs a variety of tasks related to architecting, designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging, and implementing software code for websites, Web-based systems, mobile apps, and other applications powered by Drupal 8. This individual applies knowledge from formal education, training, and hands-on experience in software development to create technical solutions that meet the business objectives and technical requirements of IQ Solutions clients. The Junior Front-end Drupal Developer will work on Front-End Drupal 8 site building tasks and theming, guided by a Back-end Drupal Developer. The Junior Front-end Drupal Developer will help create an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme, work closely with back-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, usable, intuitive, and section 508 compliant implementation. Developers with Acquia certification and/or training are encouraged to apply. This position will be onsite at a government client, so a willingness to work onsite with the client is necessary.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Participating as a member of a small team designing and developing applications to facilitate public health initiatives.
- Applying critical thinking skills in application design, requirements interpretation, and ideation in a collaborative environment.
- Executing Drupal 8 site building tasks, ranging from adding/editing: nodes, blocks, paragraphs, panels, or views. Drupal theming and front-end development will also be a key task.
- Ensuring that own and peer’s applications meet deliverable and functional requirements. This includes cross-browser and usability testing.
- Commenting on and writing clean code that will be reviewed by mentor peer developers, enforcing the coding standards defined by the group.
- Writing and maintaining existing gulp or other build tool scripts for testing code.
- Managing your work and merging your code for various websites in GitHub.
- Documenting your own code or create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to developers and/or the Lead UI/UX Designer.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science or related field of study, or at least 2 years of applicable experience and/or education.
- Minimum of two years of professional web development experience, including Drupal 8 site building and configuration, updating contributed modules and building responsive web designs and Drupal 8 themes.
- Proficiency in Drupal 8 site building, setting up content types, views, blocks, panels, CTools, modules, webforms, and taxonomies.
- Visual Design: A strong portfolio highlighting keen visual design principles, typography, and UI designs patterns. Ability to apply that expertise on the web, mobile devices, email newsletters, and social media. Experience designing for responsive websites is preferred.
- Familiarity with SASS or other CSS processors (JS Preprocessors - Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.) is a plus. Intermediate knowledge of in latest web markup, grid systems including HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap for building responsive web sites and handling cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Creating section 508-compliant and SEO-optimized front-end code for Drupal 8 websites.
- Resizing and optimizing images for use on responsive websites.
- Collaborating on sites on the Acquia platform and contributing to Acquia Git repos.
- A strong sense of visual design based on principles of usability and accessibility.
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of front-end development for modern UX and a thorough knowledge of the Git version control system and the Git flow methodology.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- A professional, friendly and customer-centric demeanor.
What Qualifications Will Put You At The Top?
- Experience in module development and/or theming of custom modules.
- The ability to integrate applications with new or existing systems via APIs. These could include simple JSON data feeds or systems like Firebase.
- Aptitude to interact with third-party APIs and build RESTful web services using Node.js is a plus.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top