Working as part of a project team, the Drupal Developer performs a variety of tasks related to designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging, and implementing software code for websites, Web-based systems, mobile apps, and other applications. This individual applies knowledge from formal education and training and hands-on experience in software development to create technical solutions that meet the business objectives and technical requirements of IQ Solutions clients. The Drupal Developer creates applications; produces high-quality, standards-based code; and adds to the group’s capabilities by assessing and mastering new technologies, techniques, or skills.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Assisting with the design and maintenance of a system for a leading Federal Agency and integration of its technical platforms.
- Conducting code reviews and ensures that applications meet client, project, and Web department standards.
- Coding dynamic Web or mobile applications; designing and implementing applications and presentation layer code.
- Integrating Web applications with new or existing systems, SaaS, or third-party applications.
- Designing and normalizing database(s) and/or communicating database needs to team members responsible for database administration.
- Writing queries and programs database operations, including importing, exporting, and transforming data via automated routines.
- Providing technical input to site or application “roadmaps” and evolving and maintaining applications over time.
- Troubleshooting and resolving bugs, issues, or other flaws.
- Coding front-end interfaces and interactive elements (e.g., navigation).
- Resolving cross-browser issues. Resolving Web site usability issues.
- Ensuring compliance with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Ensuring version control of files.
- Ensuring continuity of code through commenting and other documentation. Ensuring quality of code; unit tests own work.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science or related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing large multi-environment database centric web applications.
- Experience in Drupal site building, module development and Drupal theming equivalent to an Acquia Grand Master developer certificate.
- 2+ years of professional Drupal 7 development experience.
- 1+ SASS.
- 2+ years of working experience with PHP. Less if you can demonstrate competency with an example you completely programmed yourself. Please demonstrate an understanding of OO and Procedural PHP. You don't have to control a space shuttle with it but you need to be able to demonstrate a clear understanding.
- Experience with MySQL. Hands-on experience with MySQL.
- Experience in maintaining custom Drupal modules and themes. More importantly, when to develop custom versus using other coding methods. This would include things like adjusting PHP variables, adding control structures, and modifying the render array on pre-existing codebases.
- Experience in using and configuring common modules, like Views, CTools, Display Suite. Knowledge of working with Panels and Paragraphs would be nice too.
- Experience in maintenance and administration of Drupal sites.
- Can use Git from CLI or GUI.
- Experience running a LAMP stack locally using any method.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Meet Some of IQ Solutions's Employees
Content Area Specialist
As a Content Area Specialist, Theodore’s role is to take behavioral health content and package it in ways that are useful to the general public and clinicians.
Back to top