Digital Strategist (Lead UX/Content Strategy)
- Rockville, MD
The Digital Strategist (Lead UX/Content Strategy) will lead the design, content strategy and usability activities of a multifunctional digital team and serve as a visionary that is passionate about creating forward thinking digital health solutions for our federal health clients and their target audiences. In this role, you will inspire and collaborate with designers, developers, product owners to deliver research-based and customer-informed digital health products and tools.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Managing a multidisciplinary team of UX/UI, content strategy team members and collaborating with project managers, developers, and other technology staff in a matrixed environment.
- Collaborating with team leads to ensure consistent, well-thought-out and forward thinking digital strategies that serve users and client needs.
- Laying out the vision and strategy for digital projects including websites, mobile, social media, voice, AI, and other emerging technologies.
- Applying best practices and emerging trends in UX/UI, while balancing client requirements and educating team members.
- Conceptualizing innovative and visionary ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Using analytics to analyze and inform product design and effectiveness.
- Preparing usability test plans, screeners, moderator guides, and manage recruitment for usability studies, to assure products are tailored to audiences and their needs.
- Managing, and conducting usability studies, ranging from informal online testing to moderated in person testing of concepts, prototypes, and digital tools.
- Writing content strategy plans ranging from small feature products to content-heavy website creation or redesigns.
- Conducting content inventories, card sorts, developing user journeys and personas, navigation approaches, flowcharts, interactive prototypes, and design annotations for development teams.
- Writing plain language digital health content that adheres to the required tone and style of our clients.
- Counseling design and content strategy staff on quality and quantity of work performed, providing technical guidance and support, preparing and conducting performance evaluations.
- Managing work and mentoring designers and content strategists.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S., B.A., or B.F.A. (Master’s degree preferred) in communications, human-computer interaction (HCI), design or related field of study. Certifications in the user experience and design field a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of applicable experience within the following: digital content strategy, designing for digital products and interactions, and usability.
- Significant experience in a digital communications agency environments, government contracting, billable work settings, and client service agencies.
- In-depth knowledge of the web redesign process; previously managed and led UX/UI and/or content strategy teams.
- Experience working with cross functional, remote teams, using agile processes.
- A passion for learning and staying current with new and future digital trends, as well as experience integrating emerging trends internally and growing supporting team structures.
- Experience in developing standard operating procedures for UX and Content Strategy teams, informed by research and best practices.
- Ability to work independently of any direct supervision and possesses excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills; strong organizational skills, initiative, and follow-through; and flexibility and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions.
- Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping software such as Moqups or InVision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple client projects.
What Qualifications Will Put You At The Top?
- Intellection - You are introspective and appreciates intellectual discussions, absorb and analyze information that informs better decisions.
- Relator – You find deep satisfaction in working hard with colleagues to achieve a goal and build strong relationships.
- Deliberative – You put a lot of thought in making decisions or choices, anticipates obstacles, and make things happen.
- Analytical - You search for reasons and causes and think about all of the factors that might affect a situation.
- Learner – You want to learn and continuously improve your craft.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
Back to top