Supervisor, Ad Ops
Empower Media Team (EMT) is a bespoke, multi-agency solution within Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) servicing the Microsoft Account globally across 72 countries. EMT supports Microsoft in their goal to “Empower every person and company on the planet to achieve more”. Our goal is to engage consumer, gaming and business communities with Microsoft’s message of empowerment, and more broadly embed it into culture to create brand fans, to increase purchase intent and ultimately drive the Microsoft business forward.
Due to our growth, EMT is seeking a Supervisor, Digital Media Ad Operations to join our team.
The Supervisor, Digital Media Operations Ad operations main responsibility is to be responsible for managing a team of Digital Media Operations members in the preparation, implementation and management of digital media campaigns. Primary responsibility will be to project manage numerous campaigns and work with creative, media, analytics, and clients to develop and manage project timelines, identify roles/responsibilities and key stakeholders, facilitating the gathering of assets, traffic instructions and creation of ad serving tags.
The Supervisor, Digital Media Operations position is responsible for working with the creative digital analytics, and media teams to identify additional work streams needed to support the client needs, provide consultative support from a technical and operational perspective to the creative and media teams, work collaboratively with Integrated Communication Planners, as well as with Radio, Print and Television buyers to implement campaigns to support offline initiatives, help develop/identify “Best Practices” for their account, as well as a mentor to help apply it towards other Empower Media accounts. In addition, the Supervisor, must have a strong understanding of ad serving capabilities, rich media, VAST/V-PAID implementation, mobile implementation, creative process, dynamic ads, tasks involved in campaign implementation and execution, and digital media planning & buying process. In addition, Supervisor, Digital Media Operations should be capable of working with the analytics team to develop and implement test and learn initiatives and ensure that outputs can help the Digital Analytics and Marketing Science teams to assess results.
Supervisor, Digital Media Operations persons must have strong troubleshooting skillsets, and help oversee the implementation and integration of new emerging tools and/or technologies that will enable the Empower Media to work effectively and efficiently as an organization. Supervisors, Digital Media Operations role is expected to be a client facing role, and must be able to be articulate in meetings, representing media operations capabilities and issues as it relates to ad serving and data enablement.
Digital Operations Management:
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability; keep multiple projects on-track
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Third Party Ad Servers (DoubleClick DFA and/or AtlasDMT) and rich media technology (eg. PointRoll, Unicast, Eyeblaster)
- A technical authority for all technical issues involved in running online ad campaigns (including trafficking of remarketing capabilities, VAST/In-Stream Video, Rich Media and Audio)
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure that appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly
- Coordinate and meet all deliverables accurately and in a timely manner
- Work closely with media vendors and media teams to resolve reporting and/or billing discrepancies
- Plan, organize, activate and control daily process
- Manage between 3-5 person team in Digital Media Operations capacity
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Support teams in preparing and delivering assets to media vendors
- Work with media, creative and analytics teams at the onset of a campaign to identify and implement all creative and technical requirements
- Manage relationships with external vendors (such as rich media companies, media publishers, research firms, etc.)
- Engages with all work-related contacts in a professional & respectful manner
- Possesses mature and professional business acumen in personal and written communications
- Attends all status meetings when appropriate
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Demonstrates active listening skills and ability to apply learnings over time
- Recognize recurrent or potential issues and problems, and know when to escalate and propose solutions, where possible
- Takes clear ownership of assigned tasks
- Express oneself clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Write in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 year industry experience
- Proficient in MS office suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Expert in third-party ad servers and rich media technology (DoubleClick DFA, VAST/V-Paid, Mobile/Tablet, Rich Media implementation, etc.)
- Comfortable with technology and computers (eg. Html coding)
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective time management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Back to top