iProspect is actively seeking a Director, Analytics to work on the Microsoft account which is a global account across 72 countries that reaches across multiple agencies within the DAN family. iProspectis an agency within Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN). As a team, we support and help bring to life Microsoft’s global vision is to empower every person and organization to achieve more; but they also pursue a wide range of initiatives from working responsibly and sustainably to ensuring that the technology they create makes life better - not just for their customers, partners and employees, but for everyone.
The Director’s role is managerial, but also one of agency leadership. The Director plays a key role in developing and honing the agile business intelligence practice within the agency. The position resides within a highly collaborative and dynamic group responsible for all aspects of product development, data collection and analysis operations spanning several accounts across one region. The individual in this role works closely with key stakeholders to ensure that the right measurement strategies are in place and the proper business intelligence protocols are followed. The Director is ultimately responsible for the quality and timeliness of work being done on behalf of our clients.
The Director cultivates senior relationships within the agency and with clients. They are also active in the media community – sitting on panels and other public opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and participate in the development of business intelligence applications and reporting dashboards.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate complex business systems and assess user needs.
- Integrate business analysis and business intelligence practices and techniques using an agile development framework (i.e. scrum).
- Work with product owners and key stakeholders to develop requirements (i.e. user stories).
- Participate in product backlog grooming activities – i.e. decomposing and refining epic user stories into smaller user stories that are clear, feasible and testable.
- Work with the development team to define and estimate the user stories.
- Work as part of the development team to deliver potentially shippable increments of capability in short, regular iterations.
- Apply knowledge and experience of agile practices and techniques in support of cross-team initiatives for teams outside of technology.
- Manage a ‘Just-in-time’ requirements management process.
- Facilitate agile planning and estimation workshops.
- Leverage agile management tools (i.e. task board, burn down chart, etc…).
- Act as an advocate for agile within the team and ensure adherence to framework.
Data Analysis and Execution:
- Initiates and represents analytics and database management support across a regional base of clients and in any assigned new business pitches.
- Supports and grows client business in all data-related areas.
- Engage key stakeholders to ensure proper training and uses of data insights and business intelligence applications.
- Partners with the digital planning team to create an appropriate measurement strategy for each campaign.
- Oversee the creation and presentation of KPI reporting for specific clients.
- Selects proprietary tools, vendors and/or third party ad serving technologies to report and analyze clients' post analysis data and manage these vendors on a project basis.
- Ensures quality and timely measurement deliverables meet client expectations and measurement needs.
- Coordinates appropriate staff per account.
- Understands and adopts new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ digital media strategies.
- Demonstrates problem solving and intervention when necessary.
- Represents Carat as an industry expert and thought-leader in business intelligence through participation in industry-forums, speaking with the press and other outward-facing opportunities.
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Build trusting collaborative relationships with clients of all levels.
- Maintain senior client relationships.
- Manage expectations of clients and deliverables.
- Stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues early.
- Accurately represents the client’s point of view when reviewing work, leverage this perspective when providing feedback to team and presenting to client, ultimately focused on doing the best work for the Client’s business.
- Invest time to investigate opportunities for providing better Client support and solutions.
- Ensure collaboration among all Agency departments; fosters great teamwork.
- Include Carat Executives in appropriate Client meetings.
- Provide appropriate management updates and solicit feedback and direction when appropriate.
- Participate and present in New Business efforts and presentations, where appropriate.
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Demonstrate knowledge of client brands, brands equity, consumer definition and motivations.
- Articulate effective strategic rationale and logic flow.
- Develop specific, measurable client business objectives.
- Ensure key information is provided to team regarding client issues, internal agency issues, changes in account status.
- Respond appropriately when presented with problems and issues.
- Seek lasting solutions rather than quick fixes.
- Ensure group is properly trained on all internal procedures, best practices and Carat Media tools – (DDS, Tempo – additional as needed).
- Educate and train immediate team members when needed on core analytics tools.
- Ensure appropriate staff utilization.
- Train, motivate, develop and lead group of junior analysts.
- Construct and deliver accurate, honest and timely performance management documents.
- Help manage the hiring process of additional team members.
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Keeps up with the latest trends in media.
- May be responsible for informing team/client of new opportunities or issues.
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Proactively resolve issues, know when to and to whom to escalate.
- May be responsible for constructing and delivering accurate, honest and timely performance management documents.
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and ability to seamlessly transition among them.
- Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications.
- Writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially.
- Assists in the development of presentations, overviews, and tactical POVs.
- Ensure key information is provided to team regarding client issues, internal agency issues, changes in account status, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA in marketing and/or advanced statistics a plus).
- 7-10 years experience in analytics field(s).
- E-commerce experience a major plus
- Experience, or strong familiarity, with the agile development framework (i.e. scrum).
- Strong analytical background working in data management.
- Working knowledge with large relational data management systems (RDBMS).
- Developer experience is a plus (i.e. business logic development, user experience design, database development, test automation).
- Advanced computer skills strongly desired (MS Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with Tableau , MS SQL Server Tools, SQL Server Data Mining, VBA, SAS, or SPSS a plus.
- Proven ability to manage and teach others.
- Strong knowledge of the media planning processes from pre planning to post-analysis.
- Hands on experience with third party tracking and reporting tools such as DoubleClick (DFA), Omniture and/or MediaVisor/Prisma.
- Experience using DoubleClick Dart and AtlasDMT adserving technologies and supporting analytical tools, techniques.
- Experience with online research tools such as Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance a plus.
- Clear understanding of the latest trends and developments in post analysis.
- Familiarity with additional analyses such as creative/multivariate testing, lifetime value analysis, brand equity research and media mix optimization.
- Digital media and media planning experience a plus.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
Meet Some of iProspect's Employees
Financial Operations Manager
Jacqueline improves the efficiency of financial operations across iProspect by tweaking current processes and suggesting new ideas to streamline the financial side of media and billing.
Back to top