The Data Engineer works closely with data analysis, data scientist, and other end users to help develop, realize, and manage all forms of data across one or more technologies and platforms for the purpose of statistical analysis.
- Assist with designing, developing, managing and automating complex and scalable data solutions across multiple data platforms and technologies.
- Assist with maintaining data processing (ETL), data modeling and data quality systems that support new and existing data products and solutions within the organization.
- Help with analyzation, discovery and implementation of data sources of structured (RDBMS) and possibly unstructured data (NoSQL) for advanced analytical reporting purposes.
- Develop and manage reports for advanced level reporting such as cross-channel attribution reporting across multiple visualization platforms.
- Contribute with the creation of technical documentation of new and existing data products and solutions that you help develop and manage within the organization.
- Participate in architectural discussions to help identify, plan and manage new or existing data products and solutions for the business and potentially our clients.
- Work with RESTful API’s in efforts to establish new data sources for both new and existing data products and solutions that power advanced level reporting.
- Work closely with internal data analysts, data scientists and other technology leaders to help solve complex data challenges.
- Reports to Data Architect
- High level attention to detail
- Basic understanding of relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Some experience in low-level scripting languages such as Python and SQL.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Excel, MicroStrategy, Tableau and SSRS.
- Entry level experience in Extract, Transform and Loading (ETL) processing and design using any of the popular ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica and Pentaho.
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s using the Python scripting language or related frameworks such as Flask, Falcon and Restless.
- Proficient with MS Office and some Project Management platform
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
Back to top