Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Burlington, Canada
We are currently looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join a collaborative Professional Services team in Burlington, ON - CA. As a Senior Developer on this team, your main purpose is to support and maintain current software products, develop new software as required, along with providing guidance to Associate Developers. in a professional and timely manner while leveraging internal and external resources to meet or surpass client expectations.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend solutions for mid-high complexity issues.
- Create a design for your own work that is appropriate for the size and complexity of the piece of development work, including
- Report layouts
- Use cases
- Business logic specification
- Confirm design with Lead Developer where required
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for moderate to high complexity designs.
- Provide guidance and coaching to Software Developer, Associates.
- Provide suggestions for remediation for issues identified by Associate Developers.
- Review other's code for quality and adherence to standards.
- Provide estimates (with +/-25% accuracy) for work to include all aspects of the development including design, coding and testing.
- Provide suggestions for improvements in workplace practices, tools and coding standards.
- Present recommendations on new technology.
- Support the creation of complex SOWs.
- Dealing tactfully but directly with clients.
- Gather, document and gain agreement on requirements from clients.
- Assist with the development of client training internally and externally as required.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant technologies and software development methods.
- Strong knowledge of relevant development technologies (OO Design and Development, Web Development, Design Patterns).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of database design and querying.
- Working knowledge of source control management tools and deployment management.
- Strong knowledge of QA processes.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks within timeline and budget.
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Main Technologies: SPAs, JQuery, ASP.NET Core, VB.net, XML, XSLT, SQL Server, scripting (Shell, C#)
- Web-services: REST APIs, SOAP APIs, Axios
- Architecture/Deployment: GIT, Gulp, Razor Code Generation, TFS, IIS server, Webpack
- Azure: App Services, Functions, Blob Storage, Queue Storage, Key Vault
- Nice to have: PDF mapping experience (fillable forms)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
iPipeline is a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry. Through our SaaS solutions, we accelerate and simplify insurance sales, compliance, operations, and support. We provide process automation and seamless integration between every participant in the life insurance industry including carriers, agents (such as financial advisors and independent insurance agents), distributors (such as banks, broker-dealers, and general agencies) and consumers. Our innovative solutions enable automated processing for pre-sales, point-of-sale execution of applications, post-sale support, reporting, consumer delivery and agency management.
iPipeline makes it easier for people to purchase investment and insurance products that secure their financial future. With headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, iPipeline has locations in Cheltenham (UK), Burlington (ON), Fort Lauderdale, Ontario (CA), Philadelphia, and Salt Lake City. Visit www.ipipeline.com/careers.
Back to top