Senior Business Analyst - PAS
- Exton, PA
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst in our Exton, PA office.
Job Description: Senior Business Analyst
The Business Analyst is the individual who will have primary responsibility to define the target state solution with our customers. This role is responsible to document functional and nonfunctional requirements as well as ensure requirements are met and tested. The Business analyst will affect, analyze, validate, manage, specify, and verify the exact needs of the project stakeholders, customers and end users. The BA will serve as a conduit between the customer community, the software development team and the quality assurance team through which the project requirements will flow. The Business Analyst will provide estimates and produce business requirements and technical requirements, specifying the data, files and logical operations the system will perform and delivery expectations of the end user.
- Interviewing skills to dialogue with individuals and work groups about their needs and to ask specific questions to acquire essential requirements.
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, disseminate high-level concepts into details, distinguish true needs from amongst the collection of requirements, and create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Writing skills to communicate information concisely and effectively to customers and internal stakeholders through requirements documentation, meeting agenda/notes and other forms of written communication.
- Communications skills to make presentations to customers, end users and company management, and take technical information and translate it to be understood by various audiences.
- Ability to establish best practices and manage customers to a best practice solution.
- Ability to communicate and influence a transition to an ideal target state solution.
- Interpersonal skills to liaison extensively with customers and internal stakeholders to help negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts among project stakeholders, and establish deadlines.
- Organizational skills to regulate the vast influx of information and to ensure the project stay within budget.
- Modeling skills to represent requirements in a graphical manner by converting technical matter to a natural language, including using modeling languages already in practice within the organization.
- Ability to utilize Visio to create and manage workflows.
- Ability to translate requirements into rules-based configuration.
- An understanding of requirements gathering, analysts, validation, and management practice.
- Life and Annuity Insurance Delivery services experience.
- Knowledge of life and annuity insurance industry practices, including knowledge of rules, processes, and forms used in end to end business applications for life and annuities products.
- An understanding of requirements engineering accommodating several software development life cycles within the project with experience in hybrid delivery models. e., Hybrid Agile/Waterfall.
- Familiarity with the complete scope of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to write base level SQL queries
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence scope change during a project lifecycle.
- Write requirements specifications according to organization practices using language that is clear, concise and encompassing for a diverse audience.
- Decompress high-level customer and end user requirements into functional requirements, suitable in quality and detail to be used by team members who must base their work on these requirements.
- Lead the requirements analysis and validation ensuring that the requirement statements are complete, concise, feasible, and verifiable.
- Lead requirements prioritization based on client need.
- Conduct peer reviews and inspection of documentation at declared stages.
- Manage and control requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baseline requirements ensuring company change requirement rules are followed.
- Implement opportunities to incorporate new learning and practices to future projects.
- Proven ability to identify the current process and map to an end state solution ensuring that all gaps are covered.
- Ability to lead customers to mutually agreed upon outcomes.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Support of evening and/or weekend deployments may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Computer Sciences desired.
- Minimum 7 years related experience required (with at least 4 year in an external customer facing role).
- Experience working in a Hybrid Agile environment required.
- Previous experience in insurance or financial services industry is required.
- Previous experience performing as an analyst for a PAS (Life or Annuity) vendor or operations area for an insurance carrier required.
iPipeline is a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry. Through our SaaS solutions, we accelerate and simplify insurance sales, compliance, operations, and support. We provide process automation and seamless integration between every participant in the life insurance industry including carriers, agents (such as financial advisors and independent insurance agents), distributors (such as banks, broker-dealers, and general agencies) and consumers. Our innovative solutions enable automated processing for pre-sales, point-of-sale execution of applications, post-sale support, reporting, consumer delivery and agency management.
iPipeline makes it easier for people to purchase investment and insurance products that secure their financial future. With headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, iPipeline has locations in Cheltenham (UK), Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Ontario (CA), Philadelphia, and Salt Lake City. Visit www.ipipeline.com.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top