- Exton, PA
We are currently looking to add multiple Quality Engineers to our team in Exton, PA.
The Quality Engineer (QE) provides leadership and guidance to QA Analysts and others involved in software quality activities. Reporting to the QA Director, this position operates with a high degree of independence with the ability to scale from providing limited hands on testing support to providing metrics and interpretation to project and quality stakeholders.
The successful Quality Engineer demonstrates an ability to collaborate with project stakeholders including internal and customers and vendors to achieve enterprise and project quality goals. The QE must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment driving efficiency and cost effectiveness without compromising a high-quality user experience with our software.
Finally, the QE is responsible for assisting the QA Director and their teammates with identification, implementation, and advocation of quality best practices.
- Design and document test plans, strategies, and individual test cases for assigned project/product teams. Strategies and plans are developed collaboratively with internal and external (customer and vendor) teams. QA strategies and plans include all types of testing and related activities.
- Present and review QA plans, test cases, and documents with all stakeholders including external customers.
- Manage QA test execution staffing required to achieve project release and program quality objectives and meet enterprise efficiency goals.
- Review and approve test cases and execution results.
- Provide subject matter expertise in both QA and iPipeline systems to teammates.
- Serve as initial escalation for project and program related quality issues.
- Proactively monitor and report on release and program quality metrics.
- Proactively, in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders, develop action plans based on metric trends to prevent or mitigate impact on projects or programs. Escalate issues when required.
- Drive adoption of and adjustments to automation frameworks to enhance test coverage and efficiency.
- Provide input, feedback, and suggestions to QA Director for new tools and techniques, and changes to existing tools and frameworks.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Knowledge of insurance industry practices and the methodologies to effect best practices of quality assurance for this line of business is preferred.
- Experience working with QA teams on complex, fast paced projects including planning and monitoring daily, weekly, and release activities.
- Experience collaborating with both on and offshore teams.
- Strong knowledge of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation and testing methodologies
- Hands-on testing experience across multiple environments and integrated products.
- Knowledgeable and hands on experience with automation tools and frameworks including Selenium and JMeter
- Clear understanding of the software product development lifecycle, technical requirements, and project management.
- Experience in testing SaaS and on premises solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at different levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree - Preferably in Computer Sciences desired.
- QA industry certifications from a nationally recognized organization (such as ISTQB or QAI) preferred.
- Life or health insurance experience with certifications or designations preferred.
- Experience in health or life insurance industry is preferred.
- 5+ years in a quality assurance role with 2+ years in a QA Engineer role demonstrating progressive leadership and management experience.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Back to top