Associate Full-Stack Developer
- Burlington, Canada
We are currently looking for an Associate Developer to join a collaborative Professional Services team in Burlington, ON - CA. As a developer on this team, your main purpose is to support and maintain current software products and develop new software as required, in a professional and timely manner while leveraging internal and external resources.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend solutions for low complexity issues.
- Create a design for your own work that is appropriate for the size and complexity of the piece of development work, including
- Report layouts
- Use cases
- Business logic specification
- Confirm design with Technical Lead (Sr. Developer, or Lead Developer).
- Researching solutions but recognising when to seek help.
- Understand development requirements and implement solutions as directed by Technical Lead for more complex issues.
- Provide estimates (with +/-50% accuracy) for work to include all aspects of the development including design, coding and testing
- Keep project manager or supervisor apprised of progress to schedule, providing early notice of any potential variations to schedule with, where possible, suggestions for remediation.
- Coding to the published standards.
- Create and execute effective unit tests for all outputs.
- Support QA testing, providing defect fixes and unit testing.
- Support the creation of low complexity SOWs
- Clear, concise, unemotional and helpful communications with clients
- Consistently meet the timescales you have committed to.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant technologies and software development methods.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant development technologies (OO Development, Web Development).
- Adequate knowledge of database design and querying.
- Working knowledge of source control management tools.
- Working knowledge of QA processes.
- Ability to work independently, with moderate level of supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks within timeline and budget.
Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Main Technologies: SPAs, JQuery, ASP.NET Core, VB.net, XML, XSLT, SQL Server, scripting (Shell, C#)
- Web-services: REST APIs, SOAP APIs, Axios
- Architecture/Deployment: GIT, Gulp, Razor Code Generation, TFS, IIS server, Webpack
- Azure: App Services, Functions, Blob Storage, Queue Storage, Key Vault
- Nice to have: PDF mapping experience (fillable forms)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
iPipeline is a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry. Through our SaaS solutions, we accelerate and simplify insurance sales, compliance, operations, and support. We provide process automation and seamless integration between every participant in the life insurance industry including carriers, agents (such as financial advisors and independent insurance agents), distributors (such as banks, broker-dealers, and general agencies) and consumers. Our innovative solutions enable automated processing for pre-sales, point-of-sale execution of applications, post-sale support, reporting, consumer delivery and agency management.
iPipeline makes it easier for people to purchase investment and insurance products that secure their financial future. With headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, iPipeline has locations in Cheltenham (UK), Burlington (ON), Fort Lauderdale, Ontario (CA), Philadelphia, and Salt Lake City. Visit www.ipipeline.com/careers.
Back to top