We are currently looking for an Associate Business Analyst - iGO in our Exton, PA headquarters. The Business Analyst is the individual who will have primary responsibility to effect, analyze, validate, manage, specify, and verify the exact needs of the project stakeholders, customers and end users. The BA will serve as a conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which the project requirements will flow. The Business Analyst will produce and outline designs of IT requirements, specifying the data, files and logical operations the system will perform and delivery expectations of the end user.
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, disseminate high-level concepts into details, distinguish true needs from amongst the collection of requirements, and create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Writing skills to communicate information concisely and effectively to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Communications skills to make presentations to customers, end users and company management, and take technical information and translate it to be understood by various audiences.
- Organizational skills to regulate the vast influx of information and to ensure the project stay within budget.
- Modeling skills to represent requirements in a graphical manner by converting technical matter to a natural language, including using modeling languages already in practice within the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage time and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- An understanding of contemporary requirements gathering, analysts, validation, and management practice.
- Insurance or financial services experience. Knowledge of life insurance industry practices, including knowledge of rules, processes, and forms used in new business applications for life products and annuities is a plus.
- An understanding of requirements engineering accommodating several software development life cycles within the project.
- Application knowledge is desirable so as to be able to work effectively with end users.
- Familiarity with the complete scope of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Work with the project sponsor to identify and document the product or service vision and project scope.
- Solicit requirements by conducting interviews, performing data and document analysis, surveys, site visits, etc.
- Write requirements specifications according to organization practices using language that is clear, concise and encompassing for a diverse audience.
- Decompress high-level customer and end user requirements into functional requirements, suitable in quality and detail to be used by team members who must base their work on these requirements.
- Define quality benchmarks, external interfaces, and other project constraints.
- Offer requirements in traditional formats, or where appropriate prototype layouts or alternative solutions.
- Lead the requirements analysis and validation ensuring that the requirement statements are complete, concise, feasible, and verifiable.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Present requirements in a template already being utilized within the organization.
- Manage and control requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baseline requirements ensuring company change requirement rules are followed.
- Support of evening and/or weekend deployments may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Computer Sciences desired.
- Minimum 3 years related experience required (with at least 1 year in an external customer facing role).
- Experience working in an Agile environment required.
- Previous experience in insurance or financial services industry is required. Life insurance experience preferred.
iPipeline is a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry. Through our SaaS solutions, we accelerate and simplify insurance sales, compliance, operations, and support. We provide process automation and seamless integration between every participant in the life insurance industry including carriers, agents (such as financial advisors and independent insurance agents), distributors (such as banks, broker-dealers, and general agencies) and consumers. Our innovative solutions enable automated processing for pre-sales, point-of-sale execution of applications, post-sale support, reporting, consumer delivery and agency management.
iPipeline makes it easier for people to purchase investment and insurance products that secure their financial future. With headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, iPipeline has locations in Cheltenham (UK), Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Ontario (CA), Philadelphia, and Salt Lake City. Visit www.ipipeline.com.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)