Technical Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Invitae is the fastest-growing genetic information companies, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
Specializing in genetic diagnostics in clinical areas across all stages of life, Invitae is aggregating the world’s genetic tests into a single service with better quality, faster turnaround time, and lower prices.
Our Salesforce Engineering team is looking for its leader. Could that be you? We believe in a culture of transparency that puts patients first, builds excellent experiences, and celebrates victories together as a team. If you’re looking to take the next step of your career and be the next engineering leader in a renowned genetics company, see if this role is right for you.
Why should you consider a career with Invitae?
With so many companies to choose from, we know how critical it is to find an environment and leadership team that champions empowerment and career growth. It's impossible to distill our culture into three or four feel-good and non-controversial statements, but it is not impossible to describe what we aspire to:
- Team above the individual
- Radically honest communication
- Freedom with accountability
- Transparency and data-informed action
- A sense of urgency
Invitae’s culture is one of transparency and is characteristic of a tight-knit community. We believe in putting patients first, building a seamless customer experience, and celebrating victories together.
The Commercial Operations & Engineering team is supported by the Digital group. This team consists of Salesforce administrators and developers, Marketing Cloud developers, QA resources and a Scrum Master. The team is a collaborative and supportive group of people who strive to deliver reliable and scalable solutions in support of a positive customer experience and growth of the organization.
What You Will Do
The Commercial Products Project Manager will work with stakeholders to understand business needs and lead implementation projects to deliver solutions. The project manager will work closely with business leadership and subject matter experts to refine business processes and workflows and translate them into requirements for the development team. The project manager will work closely with the Commercial Products team lead to make data driven decisions and ensure that deliverables align with the roadmap and objectives for the team.
- Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders to understand business processes and workflows and conduct relevant analysis. Assist with process mapping and
- Identify requirements and translate them into stories.
- Acts as the operational point of contact for projects to ensure they stay on track or expectations are set regarding changes.
- Collaborate with the development and administrator team to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Coordinate with the training teams and prepare necessary supporting documentation or go live and ongoing support.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings to provide updates and intake new feature requests.
- Identify and manage project risks and blockers.
- Provide Salesforce administrative support as needed.
- Collaborate with the team lead on sprint planning and providing updates to leadership.
Who You Are
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects on aggressive timelines, and handle and prioritize requests.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator.
- Saleforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred.
- Marketing Cloud experience preferred.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on the Salesforce platforms and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality.
- Strong data management abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- Territory management and incentive compensation tool experience preferred.
- Familiarity with integration solutions (middleware) like Mulesoft and Boomi preferred.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top