Technical Product Manager
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is responsible for delivering transformative technology to our business operations team to improve the quality of work in those teams, the experience of our clinician and patient customers, and financial outcomes. The team uses contemporary human centered design, artificial intelligence, and scalable engineering methods to enable our teams to scale with the exponential growth of our business.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager with previous engineering experience, who will be responsible for defining and shepherding the development of modular and scalable backend code and sophisticated human-computer interfaces. They will work to support and coordinate a team with other product owners, user experience designers, end users, operations team leads, AI researchers, and engineering leads. Familiarity with subject matter in medical genetics is a plus, but ability to speak fluently with engineers and stakeholders is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate and coordinate a team with diverse skill sets
- Create and deliver technical roadmaps for complex solutions
- Leverage design thinking frameworks to discover and prioritize ambitious user needs that can be implemented in an incremental roadmap
- Formalize specifications as user stories in these roadmaps
- Coordinate closely with users to ensure quality innovations are delivered
- Coordinate with other product stakeholders to align with other projects
- Be conceptually familiar with contemporary methods in automation and artificial intelligence (e.g. human in the loop systems, information retrieval, nlp, computer vision)
- Work closely with the engineering organization through design, development, testing, release, and maintenance of our services to ensure quality and successful delivery
- Advocate for transformative approaches over incrementalism
- Communicate and coordinate the release of new features while promoting and monitoring adoption
- Work with operations teams and analysts to design and subsequently monitor key indicators of success
What you bring:
- 3+ years of technical product development experience
- Previous experience in software development as an engineer
- Experience with service-oriented architecture models
- Experience with defining web APIs (e.g. REST, gRPC, OpenAPI)
- Familiarity with streaming and data transformation tools (e.g. Kafka, Spark, ETL workflow tools)
- Familiarity with machine learning and artificial intelligence methods
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and leads.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with a bias toward delivery and business outcomes
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban development environments
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting, and analyzing complex systems integrations
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed due to collaborators in multiple time zones.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Preferred: A proven track record of delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Preferred: Knowledge of CID patterns and deployment infrastructure
- Preferred: Domain knowledge in medical genetics, other diagnostics, and/or medical billing
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top