Supply Chain Buyer
- San Francisco, CA
Supply Chain Buyer
The Supply Chain Buyer will execute daily PO placement and order management. Responsibilities include the procurement of material components to minimize obsolescence and overstock situations while achieving maximum customer service levels. This role requires prioritization strategy analysis. The selected individual will be responsible for supporting resolution of supplier performance/delivery issues. The selected individual will be accountable for material inventory levels for the critical products and orders managed. The selected individual will ensure these activities are completed on time and in accordance with company policies, departmental guidelines and operational needs.
- Manage suppliers to meet quality and delivery objectives.
- Execute supply chain processes in support of supply chain and business objectives.
- Identifies and communicates all operational conflicts to the Supply Chain Leader.
- Work closely with stockroom/shipping/receiving, and Senior Buyers to avoid any adverse production impact from materials availability and/or supplier delivery delays.
- Recommends and implements solutions to optimize inventory investment and maximize internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Meets with Materials Manager to discuss issues, performance, and future strategies.
- Operates in compliance with all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Buyers, Materials Manager and Supply Chain Leader.
- 5+ year’s in buying experience required.
- Previous experience in Bio-Tech, manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of comprehensive MRP/ERP/Accounting systems.
- Complete, in-depth understanding of all aspects of procurement, inventory and service levels.
- Treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional business conduct.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent project and time management skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to do so across multiple levels of the organization.
- Must be able to make independent decisions/judgments regarding analysis of Inventory levels to determine delivery requirements.
- Must be able to embrace change, challenge status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes.
- Must be able to create or suggest tools that help simplify job tasks and shares these with others.
- Must be proficient with PC, Apple Mac products, Google mail and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Operations/Production Management, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in procurement.
- Prior MRP purchasing system experience preferred.
Back to top