Software Engineer, Platform
- Flexible / Remote
Invitae is a rapidly-growing genetic information company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
The mission for our platform team is to create the systems upon which we build the rest of Invitae. The platform provides self-service tooling, automation, and application deployment technology to support Invitae’s efforts to expand genetic services.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our engineering team needs to continue to innovate quickly. The platform’s focus on scale, speed, and supportability enables this pace while keeping us lean and efficient.
We are looking for engineers who bias towards automation and systems design with a dash of production support.
What you will do:
- Use cutting edge, cloud-native, technologies like Kubernetes, containers, and service mesh to enable efficient development across the company.
- Build systems in Python (3), Go, and TypeScript to make your teammates’ jobs more comfortable and more fun.
- Make use of next-generation cloud services to build comprehensive experiences for the rest of engineering.
- Set design principles and define shared patterns that engineers leverage across the company.
- Write structured, testable, readable, and maintainable code.
- Support your software throughout its lifecycle, from ideation to production.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow in an environment where failure is a part of learning, and being a novice is celebrated.
What you bring:
- Demonstrated experience with full-stack architecture and engineering
- Experience in shipping multiple mission-critical systems to production
- Experience in supporting engineering teams and production systems
- A demonstrated ability to to learn new technologies and new programming languages
- A passion for personal and professional growth
- A desire to operate with freedom and accountability. A willingness to take risks and ownership of those risks.
- Excellent asynchronous communication skills. Experience with distributed, remote teams is a plus.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top