Sample Accessioner - Seattle
- Seattle, WA
SCHEDULE: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Seattle, Washington
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Our Lab Support team is the first stop on a sample’s journey through Invitae. The team is responsible for preparing various sample types for testing by linking the sample to patient records, ensuring sample integrity and kicking off our lab process. As an accessioner, you work closely with several different teams spanning across all of Invitae, including production, customer service, and regulatory affairs. Our Lab Support teammates are also responsible for preparing laboratory reports for review by qualified technical personnel, and sending out the certified reports. Joining this team is a great opportunity to be a part of a company that is leading the field of genetic medicine, especially for those interested in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Our Lab Support Associates are responsible for preparing specimens prior to laboratory analysis. This individual should have excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a strong team environment. This role is essential and requires being on-site at our Seattle office location, Monday - Friday. Flexibility and ability to work overtime is required when needed by the team.
What you’ll do:
- Accession patient samples in a CAP and CLIA certified BSL-2 lab
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and reporting these to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution
- Work with our Client Services team to resolve missing information cases, data discrepancies and any other issues related to sample processing within the lab using platforms including Jira and Salesforce
- Prepare laboratory reports
- Send out to patients and doctors certified laboratory reports
- Assist in general upkeep of the laboratory (i.e., organizing, cleaning, stocking, minor lab equipment maintenance)
- Anticipate needing to lift up to 35 pounds, standing for long periods of time, and repetitive movements
- Maintain strict standards of quality and assist with QC and QA activities
- Adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintain documentation of all communications in accordance with department procedures and policies
- Complete continuing education units monthly according to laboratory requirements
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by the team leader
What you bring:
- General laboratory, data entry, and computer skills
- A desire to be a part of a fast-paced production team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and desire to work with a dynamic team
- Flexible schedule and availability to work overtime as needed, and availability during most holidays
- Bachelor's degree in science and/or clinical laboratory related studies preferred
- Passion for patient care is a plus!
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Seattle Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top