- Irvine, CA
Location: Irvine, C
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday; traditional PST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a multi-talented, detail-oriented Accessioner who is passionate about helping improve healthcare to join our laboratory team in Irvine.
About the Team
The Laboratory Accessioning team plays an integral part in specimen processing, preparing specimens prior to laboratory analysis. They are responsible for accurate specimen intake and supporting laboratory operations while working cross-functionally with multiple departments. The team's culture is one in which direct and consistent feedback can be given and taken; we encourage honest and open communication and constructive feedback. We rely on team members to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual. We prioritize transparency and continuous process improvement to contribute towards the highest level of patient care.
This role is essential and requires being on-site at our Irvine office location, with a Tuesday - Saturday schedule. Flexibility and ability to work overtime is required when needed by the team.
Desired candidates are driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. They thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment. Individuals with laboratory experience are preferred, though candidates with strong attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly will also be considered. This role is expected to learn basic genetic and test processing concepts and continually adapt with changing laboratory requirements.
What you will do
- Accession patient specimens in a CAP and CLIA certified lab
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and report these to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution
- Work with our Client Services team to resolve missing information cases, data discrepancies and any other issues related to sample processing within the lab using platforms including Jira and Salesforce
- Thorough review of new orders for accuracy, appropriateness of test selection, and missing information
- Assist in general upkeep of the laboratory (i.e., organizing, stocking, area equipment maintenance)
- Maintain strict standards of quality and assist with QC and QA activities
- Adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintain documentation of all communications in accordance with department procedures and policies
- Assist with shipping and receiving of both incoming and outgoing patient specimens and supplies working with third party vendors and cross-functional teams as needed
- Work closely with teams across all lab sites, including client services, clinical, and laboratory scientists
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by the team leader
What you bring
- Experience working in biotech, life sciences, and/or healthcare or recent experience in an industry requiring strong and consistent attention to detail
- Intermediate data entry, Google apps, and computer skills
- Ability to problem-solve and anticipate potential downstream issues
- Strong work ethic and ability to work successfully with a team and independently
- Passion for patient care is a plus!
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
Back to top