LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We're looking for passionate Reagent Manufacturing Technician to join our Clinical Laboratory Operations team in San Francisco. Who will work with complex laboratory testing (next-generation DNA sequencing) on patient specimens including all steps from specimen processing to data analysis, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment. This role requires on-site work at our San Francisco location as well as ability to work a Tuesday-Saturday full-time schedule.
What You’ll Do
- Manufacture reagents and materials for using the production laboratory
- Drive continuous improvement efforts within the reagent manufacturing team
- Draft and revise Reagent Manufacturing documentation such as SOPs, batch records and material specifications
- Oversee technology transfer of new manufacturing process from development into production
- Work with the Assay Development team in the development and technology transfer of reagent quality control processes
- Collaborate with other teams to develop tools for tracking and trending reagent performance
- Plan reagent builds and ensure builds are executed with the necessary degree of quality
What you bring:
- B.S. degree in Biology or a related discipline
- 1-5 years of experience in manufacturing in a high throughput production environment in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industries, preferably producing materials and reagents for molecular diagnostics or NGS applications
- Expert in micro-pipetting and preparing master mixes
- Familiarity with with lean manufacturing and 5S methodologies
- Experience in an ISO 13458/9001, GMP and/or CAP/CLIA environment
- Experience with cell culturing techniques a plus
- Familiarity/experience with integrate automated systems a plus
- Ability to use experience and expertise to help drive improvements on the Reagent Manufacturing team
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.