Network Engineering Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health.
About our team:
The networking team’s responsibilities range from WAN to LAN, wired to wireless, and they work very closely with the information security team to build a robust network that supports our rapid growth trajectory. It is part of the larger Computing Group -- everything IT -- at Invitae, so there’s plenty of opportunity and encouragement to work with people across disciplines.
Invitae is seeking an experienced network engineer to lead from our offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and travel to our other locations, including international, from time to time. The network engineer will support all aspects of the office network ranging from ISP provisioning to wireless to wired.
- Supervise and coach direct reports
- Build this newly created team
- Lead the design, build, and support for all facets of our office networks including offices and locations outside of our San Francisco base operations.
- Embrace cross-team collaboration, debate and presentation. You will work closely with other people from other engineering teams and other stakeholders.
Technical Requirements :
- Support a range of technologies including Juniper, Palo Alto Networks and Cisco Meraki.
- Use monitoring tools such as Nagios, DataDog, Juniper Space and Palo Alto Networks Panorama.
- Configure and troubleshoot routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Build and deploy IPsec tunnels between AWS and offices.
- Work in a hybrid cloud/on-premises environment.
- Configure and troubleshoot wireless networks.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or work experience equivalent with 5+ years information technology experience which may include Systems Administration, Network Administration, Systems Engineering, or Network Engineering.
- Preferred 2+ years of experience as a Network Engineer.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team.
- Expertise in TCP, IPv4/6, QoS/CoS, routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of Junos and Panos.
- Knowledge of Linux and experience troubleshooting the life of a packet from client to server and back.
- Experience setting up and testing circuit connections with ISPs, both Internet and P2P.
- Experience with many network hardware platforms and the implications and tradeoffs of different types.
- A desire to build each network better than the last. Treat networking, operational efficiency, and automation as sciences with room for breakthrough.
- In depth knowledge of Palo Alto Networks Global Protect and Duo, a plus.
- Experience with SDN, SD-WAN a plus
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top