Medical Director Reproductive Health
- San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco California or Remote
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
This position is to be the central source of expert information on the company’s products, their use and utility, both internally to the commercial group and externally to patients and physicians, in reproductive genetics and be the authoritative voice within the Medical Affairs team for reproductive and prenatal genetics. Medical Affairs must work assiduously to establish the values and processes needed to support scientific credibility to outside stakeholders. This position sees itself as being responsible for maintaining productive peer-to-peer relationships with KOLs around the world as honest, credible partners in healthcare rather than as biased commercial agents.
The role emphasizes working with Reproductive Health Genetics Medical Affairs Liaison to organize aspects of medical affairs support for reproductive and prenatal genetic testing including carrier testing, NIPS, prenatal single-gene diagnostic testing, prenatal genomic testing for aneuploidies and aneusomies (by cytogenomic arrays or by NGS cytogenomic methods), and genetic testing for aneuploidies and aneusomies in preimplantation embryos (PGT-A). The Reproductive Genetic Testing Clinical Specialty Lead role requires a deep understanding of current and future clinical trends, standards of care, and client expectations in this arena to advise regarding current product revisions and future development of products including (but not limited t0) genetic evaluation of infertility, preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGT-M) and alternative non-invasive methods to PGT-A for assessing health and viability of preimplantation embryos. This role spans both germline and non-invasive maternal genetic testing. Activities include communicating with and educating clients on Invitae's test offerings in the reproductive genetic space, providing support for the sales and marketing teams, coordinating publications and collaborations with our internal teams and clients, and providing scientific education at conferences and other venues. Client interactions and sales support will be performed in close coordination with Invitae’s Reproductive Medical Affairs Liaison and regional sales managers.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the Clinical Advisory Board, Reproductive Subgroup, to get feedback, solicit ideas for new products, different approaches to reporting results, forging new collaborations, etc.
- Providing authoritative educational and client support for Invitae's Reproductive Medical Affairs Liaison, the sales and managed care teams in the area of reproductive genetics.
- Representing Invitae at reproductive medicine, maternal-fetal medicine and medical genetics conferences by collaboratively preparing abstracts and presenting data.
- Supporting Invitae's clinical area directors responsible for building and managing scientific and clinical community relationships and, upon request, helping mediate resolution of client queries.
- Working with Invitae's clinical area directors and medical affairs team to help design critical research initiatives, solicit outside collaborators, and define publication and clinical collaboration strategies relevant to Invitae’s entire spectrum of reproductive genetic testing
- Acting as back-up to Reproductive Medical Affairs Liaison to provide medical affairs support on key messaging in response to clinical clients for queries received via client services, sales, or other groups.
- Providing input through clinical area directors in all aspects of reproductive genetic testing on commercial priorities related to content prioritization, sales strategies, marketing, and advocacy.
Who you are:
- M.D. with board certification in OB/Gyn as well as in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and/or Clinical Genetics (ABMGG).
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top