- Seattle, WA
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our Pharmacogenomics team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We're looking for laboratory technologist who will support high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens across various assays and platforms. This role will be performing quality control and quality assurance procedures while complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment. This role requires on-site work at our Seattle location as well as ability to work overtime and off-schedule days as needed.
Our team culture strives to be true to Invitae's greater culture. We rely on team members to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual. We pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we might learn and grow from one another. The team's culture is also ideally one in which direct and consistent feedback can be given and taken; we encourage honest and open communication and constructive feedback. We prioritize the patient first, for whom we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
What you'll do:
- DNA extraction of blood, buccal, and saliva samples using automated systems
- High-throughput Pharmacogenetic testing using PCR and Mass Spectrometry
- Interpretation of data- record and interprets results of all analyses, according to set procedures and guidelines
- Review standard operating procedures (SOPs) and provide input as assigned
- Interact with Client Services for any issues related to sample processing within the lab
- Assist with quality control and quality assurance activities
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instruments according to SOPs
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and report these to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution
- Assist in general upkeep of laboratory
- Participate in continuing education
- Maintain strict standards of quality
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring:
- 2+ years of laboratory experience preferably in a molecular biology lab
- Strong laboratory skills
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory studies or equivalent science related studies
- The ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency, think creatively, and set and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for working with internal and external teams.
- Ability to work full-time schedule that may include overtime, weekend days or off-schedule requests when needed
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Seattle Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top