OFFICIAL SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri (9am-5:30pm).
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven leader to join our team. This role will be responsible for performing the oversight of a team performing confirmations across various molecular assays and platforms. This role envelopes all steps from specimen processing to data analysis; performing quality control and assurance procedures, while complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- The CLS Supervisor is responsible for supervision and oversight of confirmation assays in coordination and support from the Site Lead
- Oversight of day to day operations
- Conduct personalized one on one meetings with direct reports to ensure continued growth, guidance and team innovation
- Construct structured training programs and ensure competency of staff
- Coordinate oversight of assay launches
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Control Programs are followed
- Drive continued process improvement programs to improve COGS and reduce TAT
- Manage queue Management / Growth and scaling
- TAT (improvements/monitoring)
- LIMS improvements/Automation improvements
- Aid in troubleshooting and resolution of incident reports and CAPAs
- Maintain SOPs, confluence page for training, periodic review of documents
- Other duties as needed
- Delegation as appropriate
What you bring:
- Possess an active, valid CLS license issued by California to perform high complexity testing strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory studies or equivalent science related studies
- Advanced laboratory skills with a solid knowledge base in confirmation assays such as sequencing using Pacbio SmrtCell Technologies, Sanger Sequencing, MLPA assays, aCGH, ddPCR, and genotyping assays
- Experience in an ISO 13485/15189, GMP, GLP and or CAP/CLIA environment
- 5+ years of Leadership or Supervisory experience
- Troubleshooting skills, continuous improvement mindset, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with an high level understanding of lab scaling and capacity planning
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.