Lab Manager - Israel (International)
- Tel Aviv, Israel
SCHEDULE: Sunday-Thursday, Israel
(Please upload your resume in English)
Invitae is a world leader in genetic testing with the goal of making genetic information accessible to billions of people worldwide. We test people for genetic conditions related to everything from cancer to heart disease to rare pediatric illnesses. Our Extraction team is the first stop on a sample’s journey through Invitae. The team is responsible for preparing samples for analysis and testing by linking the sample to patient and clinician records, ensuring sample integrity and kicking off our DNA extraction process. The team is a great entry to Invitae and the field of genetic medicine for those interested in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
We're looking for a passionate laboratory supervisor who will support high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens across various assays and platforms. This role will be managing DNA Extraction Technicians, as well as, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures while complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment. This role requires on-site work at our Tel Aviv location as well as ability to work overtime and off-schedule days as needed.
Our team culture strives to be true to Invitae's greater culture. We rely on team members to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual. We pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we might learn and grow from one another. The team's culture is also ideally one in which direct and consistent feedback can be given and taken; we encourage honest and open communication and constructive feedback. We prioritize the patient first, for whom we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise the day to day activity of the accessioning and extraction activity
- Provide troubleshooting and guidance to lab staff
- Maintain and update SOP’s
- Work with the SF lab leaders to ensure transparency and clear communications between the sites
- Accessioning patient samples in an ISO 15189, CAP, and CLIA certified BSL-2 lab
- Work with our Client Services team to resolve missing information cases, data discrepancies and any other issues related to sample processing within the lab
- Assist in general upkeep of the laboratory (i.e., organizing, stocking, lab equipment maintenance)
- Maintain strict standards of quality and assist with QC and QA activities
- Adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintain documentation of all communications in accordance with department procedures and policies
- Perform a high-volume of DNA extractions using automated liquid handling systems and maintaining organization of specimens
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and reporting these to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution
- Under the supervision of the General Supervisor and CLSs, the Laboratory Technician will prepare reagents and/or specimens for testing and process specimens via automated systems in accordance with the laboratory’s standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Review standard operating procedures (SOPs) and provide input as assigned
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instruments according to SOPs
- Maintain strict standards of quality
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring:
- PhD, DSc or Medical specialist in microbiology or clinical biochemistry with at least 4 years of experience (2 years within the last 5 years as senior employee in medical laboratory preferably in a molecular genetics lab)
- MSc with 8 years of experience (4 years as senior employee in medical laboratory, 2 years
within the last 5 years, preferably in a molecular genetics lab)
- A permit from the Director of the Israel Ministry of Health to manage a medical laboratory (please refer to this link: https://www.health.gov.il/English/Services/MedicalAndHealthProfessions/MedicalLaboratoryWorkers/Pages/MedicalLaboratoryManagement.aspx)
- At least 6 years of laboratory experience preferably in a molecular genetics lab
- Basic laboratory, data entry and computer skills
- A desire to be a part of a fast-paced production team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and desire to work with a dynamic team
- Flexible schedule and availability to work overtime as needed, and availability during most
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top