Location: Irvine, CA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Lab Manager to join our Irvine laboratory who can (with minimum supervision) carry out tasks to support the Clinical Laboratory.
What you’ll do:
● Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate these to the assay-specific leads
● Participate with other senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives
● Collaborate with development, quality, and other clinical laboratory teams for growth, process improvement and scaling opportunities
● Support the assay-specific leads through mentoring, troubleshooting, training, and strategic planning
● Review and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and provide input/updates as needed
● Participate in capacity planning and hiring for the Irvine team
What you bring:
● 10 years of experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory, with at least 3 of those years being a team leader/manager
● Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or biotechnology-related field
● Clinical laboratory license (CGMBS, CCS, CLS), or eligibility to apply
● Experience with reproductive chromosomal analysis, FISH, microarrays, and pre and postnatal specimens preferred
● Experience working in a CLIA/CAP environment, with experience working in an environment that is also GLP/GMP/ISO is preferred
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for interaction with
all members of Invitae
● Strong work ethic and the desire to work with a dynamic team
● A desire to be part of a fast-paced work environment
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.