Location: San Francisco, CA
Our high volume, fast paced San Francisco laboratory operations team is looking for a leader that can not only technically compliment and guide our SF laboratory operations team, but thrive as a team member that enjoys planning and owning responsibility for scaling operations, growing a test menu through the facilitation of process development, tech transfer and validation, coaching team members to be tomorrow’s leaders, and challenging themself to climb into continual opportunities for professional development.
As an integral department with hands-on responsibility to deliver Invitae’s mission of bringing comprehensive, clinical-grade genetic information into mainstream medicine to guide health decisions across all stages of life, our laboratory operations team members have the opportunity to impact patient lives in meaningful and innovative ways, while also gaining valuable skills to advance their career.
The Exciting Things You’ll Do
- Coordinate new assay launches through process development, tech transfer and clinical validation as a cross functional stakeholder
- Drive continued process improvement programs to improve COGS and reduce TAT with a vision of scaling volume year over year
- Oversight of day to day operations
- Operate as a SME resource in molecular processes/tests within the laboratory; including but not limited to NGS, NIPS, PGT, aCGH, MLPAseq, ddPCR, FMR1, PacBio and Sanger sequencing
- Construct structured training programs and ensure competency of staff
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Control Programs are followed and evolve to meet changing business needs
- Guide troubleshooting and resolution of incident reports and CAPAs while driving continuous improvement
- Coach and mentor leaders and team members to excellence and grow their hard and soft skills to allow for advancement into new opportunities
- Cultivate, inspire and reward innovation
- Responsible for supervision and oversight of confirmation assays in coordination with and support from the SF Site Lead
The Skills You’ll Share with the Team
- Troubleshooting skills, continuous improvement mindset, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with an high level understanding of lab scaling and capacity planning
- Possess an active, valid CLS license issued by California to perform high complexity testing, strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory studies or equivalent science related studies
- Advanced laboratory skills with a solid knowledge base in confirmation assays such as sequencing using Pacbio SrtCell Technologies, Sanger Sequencing, MLPA assays, aCGH, ddPCR, and genotyping assays
- Experience in an ISO 13485/15189, GMP, GLP and or CAP/CLIA environment
- 7+ years of leadership experience in a high complexity molecular lab setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to work inclusively and collaboratory with a diverse population
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.