Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with experience developing laboratory automation applications and improving laboratory production processes. This individual will collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers to conceptualize, design, develop, and implement automated systems for new assays and processes as well as optimizing the performance and increasing the efficiencies of the laboratory processes prior to sequencing or other assays.
Throughout the organization, Invitae believes in automation as a competitive advantage. As such, we have the support to continue building a world-class automated facility. We have big ambitions, and are looking for people who share our passion for creating the best systems to use genetic information to improve the human condition.
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshooting, process documentation, user training, equipment validation, and vendor relations
- Programming third party laboratory automation, creating interfaces between laboratory automation and LIMS, designing robust laboratory processes, and performing experiments and validations
- Interact with many different functional roles, and will work with programs throughout the development timeline: from R&D to deployment
- This role will include opportunities for project leadership
What you bring:
- Technical proficiency and proven success in laboratory automation and systems development and integration for the life science industry; especially with robotics and liquid handling systems
- Strong organizational skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support several simultaneous automation projects
- Strong experience engaging cross-functionally in a high collaboration environment
- Experience with equipment functional and validation testing
- Preferred: Software development experience in one or more languages (C#, Python, etc.)
- Preferred: Experience working under regulatory regimes such as CLIA, CAP, or FDA
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve crafted a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.