Lab Assistant - Part Time
- Seattle, WA
SCHEDULE: Flexible; up to 20 hrs/week (part-time)
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Our Pharmacogenomics team is expanding and we are looking for a multi-talented, detail oriented Lab Aide to join our Seattle laboratory who can perform quality, technical, and administrative support tasks, while working under the supervision of the site lead.
What you'll do:
- Performs equipment calibration checks, routine equipment maintenance, sample disposal, cleaning, stocking of lab supplies, washing of plastic-ware, preparation of solutions, and other tasks and projects as requested.
- Maintains laboratory quality records, quality control logs, spreadsheets, and QA database.
- Communicates and works harmoniously with site lead, peers, and other employees. Uses discretion, tact, positive thinking and responsiveness in contributing positively to the company mission and esprit-de-corps.
- Participates in company training and adheres to company policies and procedures including all regulatory requirements and state laws including laboratory accreditation/licensing requirements, state laws, HIPAA, OIG, anti-kickback, STARK etc. Maintains patient and business confidentiality.
- Follows all standard operating procedures including safety and QA procedures and maintains safe and orderly work areas.
What you bring:
- One year certificate from college or technical school or current student in a science program: or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have good personnel and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Seattle Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top