- Irvine, CA
SCHEDULE: Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00-6:30pm PS
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale. We are looking for a multi-talented, detail oriented Lab Assistant to join our Irvine laboratory who can, with minimum supervision, perform tasks that directly support operations of various cross-functional teams.
What you'll do:
- Participate in laboratory organization and housekeeping activities
- Be responsible for monitoring environmental conditions within the laboratory
- Prepare equipment for daily use by laboratory technologists
- Perform basic routine equipment maintenance activities
- Vendor communication for various aspects of laboratory operations including but not limited to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment, environmental conditions and waste streams.
- Participate in other support and maintenance activities as needed
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or biotechnology related field preferred
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for interaction with all members of the laboratory and equipment teams
- Shift is from Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00-6:30pm PST
- Language(s) English
- Self starter who is able to work independently and with minimal supervision
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top