- Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00am - 6:30pm
- Tuesday - Saturday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented laboratory assistant to join our San Francisco laboratory who can (with minimum supervision) carry out tasks to support the Clinical Laboratory. Our team culture strives to be true to Invitae's greater culture. We rely on team members to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual. We pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we might learn and grow from one another. The team's culture is also ideally one in which direct and consistent feedback can be given and taken; we encourage honest and open communication and constructive feedback. We prioritize the patient first, for whom we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in laboratory organization and housekeeping maintain laboratory inventory of reagents and consumables
- Conduct daily laboratory temperature monitoring
- Prepare equipment for daily use by laboratory technicians
- Perform basic routine equipment maintenance activities
- Participate in periodic cycle counts
- Participate in other support and maintenance activities as needed
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or biotechnology related field preferred
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for interaction with all members of the laboratory and equipment teams
- Self starter who is able to work independently and with minimal supervision
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.