Information Security Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our development team works on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We are constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information to doctors and patients. Behind every sample that comes in through the door we know there is an individual and a family looking for answers.
We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our Information Security team, in a role thatto supports our information security vision, strategy and architecture.This individual will support the team in the development, implementation and enforcement of security policies, programs and procedures to meet regulatory and compliance requirements and to mitigate risks.
What you will do:
- Support the design, implementation, maintenance and performance of information security controls for the organization’s networks, information systems and critical assets
- Support and coordinate risk assessments and security evaluations for vendors deploying either on premise or cloud
- Ensure that Information Security for Invitae's services and infrastructure is maintained at a high level and reasonable cost without becoming an impediment to the business
- Support the detection, response, and recovery from security incidents
- Protect information, information systems, and networks from threats by using defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network
- Conduct assessments of threats and vulnerabilities to determine deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy;
- Assess the level of risk; and develop appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational situations.
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience in Information Security
- Technical knowledge and experience working with the latest information security technologies and tools, including both commercially available and open-source
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Understanding of information security specifically around security policy, industry accepted frameworks and security standards such as HIPAA, HITRUST, and ISO 27001/27002
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters while leveraging the appropriate level of judgment
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top