Genetic Counselor (Cardiology/Neurology) - Clinical Consultation Services
- Flexible / Remote
Schedule: We have 1 position we are seeking to fill and require coverage of Pacific time zone hours (availability through 5pm Pacific.)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is seeking a board certified genetic counselor to join our clinical team in providing clinical support in the Cardiology, Neurology and Epilepsy clinical areas, to clinicians and patients as part of our Clinical Consult Services team. He/she is responsible first and foremost for providing an excellent customer service experience by being available to customers to answer clinical and technical questions, talk through cases, make recommendations and provide clinically useful information. He/she also provides customer service to patients with questions about the test process or results.
This individual is also responsible for maintaining up to date clinical information on the Invitae product offering, which can be provided to clients, and working on other projects to evolve and improve our service and workflows. This position may be performed remotely or based at one of several Invitae offices.
What you will do:
- Point person for client’s clinical inquiries (via phone and email)
- Review orders for clinical appropriateness
- Closely follow publications, conferences, listservs, and developments in respective clinical area
- Participate in or take leadership of particular operations and development projects
- Maintain ABGC certification and appropriate state licensure
- Additional duties as needed
Who you are:
- At least 2 years of clinical genetic counseling experience, with expertise in one or more of the following: Cardiology, Neurology and/or Epilepsy
- ABGC Board Certification
- Genetic counseling licensure (or ability to obtain licensure) in California
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Comfort with large panel testing, discussing clinical recommendations for a wide variety of genes
- Spanish-speaking a plus
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top