Genetic Counselor - Cancer/Cardiology
- San Francisco, CA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us. We are seeking board-certified genetic counselors to join our Genetic Counseling Services team in providing remote genetic counseling services to patients. Patient care experience in the field of oncology or cardiology is a requirement. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an experienced team of board-certified medical geneticists and genetic counselors as well as marketing, commercial, and other professionals who aim to bring comprehensive diagnostic and preventive genetic testing to the world.
What you will do:
- Provide genetic counseling (by telephone or video) to patients related to their Invitae test results
- Communicate with clients, Invitae sales representatives, and other Invitae team members to ensure an optimal provision of patient and client care
- Maintain high quality patient care through a commitment to continued learning, including the potential to develop new speciality expertise
- Create innovative, scalable models of delivering genetic counseling services
- Assist with development of the Invitae Genetic Counseling Services program and broader Invitae educational and scientific efforts
Who you are:
- A genetic counselor with a Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC) accredited training program who is certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC)
- Eligible to obtain and maintain genetic counselor licensure in any state requiring licensure
- Reside in the United States
- Able to work PST hours (preferable)
- Experienced in cancer and/or cardiology genetic counseling; additional clinical area(s) of expertise a bonus
- Ideal qualities:
- Passionate about providing quality patient-care
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving needs and progressive workflows
- Exceptional time management skills
- Function independently within small and large teams, yet actively contribute to team discussions and initiatives
- Creative problem solver
- Strong, effective, and direct communicator
- Self aware; able to to receive and incorporate feedback to support continued professional growth
- Positive, can-do attitude
- High degree of professionalism
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top